Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > J# .Net Redistributable

J# .Net Redistributable

MikeB

Hello All, I am developing an application that uses eBays APIs and am
getting this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

According to some news group posting, it is due to not having the J# .net
installed. Due to this, I contacted my host (Crystaltech) and they said if
I wanted it installed, it would cost me an extra $10.00 per month which, in
my mind is bull crap. So my question(s) for all of you, is there a work
around this? Also, anyone recommend a good host? I need asp.net 2.0, MSSQl
2005 and I guess J#.

bruce barker

you don't need them installed. just upload the j# dlls to your bin folder.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

MikeB wrote:
> Hello All, I am developing an application that uses eBays APIs and am
> getting this error:
>
> Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0,
> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
> dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> According to some news group posting, it is due to not having the J# .net
> installed. Due to this, I contacted my host (Crystaltech) and they said if
> I wanted it installed, it would cost me an extra $10.00 per month which, in
> my mind is bull crap. So my question(s) for all of you, is there a work
> around this? Also, anyone recommend a good host? I need asp.net 2.0, MSSQl
> 2005 and I guess J#.

MikeB

Do you know which DLLs are needed?

Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you don't need them installed. just upload the j# dlls to your bin folder.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> MikeB wrote:
>> Hello All, I am developing an application that uses eBays APIs and am
>> getting this error:
>>
>> Could not load file or assembly 'vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0,
>> Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
>> dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
>>
>> According to some news group posting, it is due to not having the J# .net
>> installed. Due to this, I contacted my host (Crystaltech) and they said
>> if I wanted it installed, it would cost me an extra $10.00 per month
>> which, in my mind is bull crap. So my question(s) for all of you, is
>> there a work around this? Also, anyone recommend a good host? I need
>> asp.net 2.0, MSSQl 2005 and I guess J#.

MikeB

I figured it out (should have in the beginning anyway), incase anyone else
has the problem, I added the vjslib and vjsnativ dlls to the bin directory
and everything was fine.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...