Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > CertGuard - Is it a Scam? You Decide?

CertGuard - Is it a Scam? You Decide?

kevinkops11@gmail.com

Hi IT Community,

I decided to do some research on this so called www.certguard.com. I
see post over post about these braindumps. Well, let me tell you
something, I have done some extensive research on this CertGuard
company and I warn everybody to make a decision for themselves on this
company. CertGuard claims to watch for companies that state you will
pass on your first try, any company that offers 100% Pass Guarantee
and not a 100% Money Back Guarantee, what is the difference? There is
no difference. What seems to be really funny is that my best friend
arantee, but this is completely different than guaranteeing you a
passing score.) Make sure you read their Disclaimer before you jump
into any commitments. OR ASK US!!!!

iv. Access to ALL of their practice exams for X number of dollars is
another sign of a braindump, no legitimate corporation can afford to
just give away their material for next to nothing. We've seen
legitimate practice exam run for as little as $40 or as much as $300
per
Furthermore, you can view more about there guarantee below:

http://www.transcender.com/guarantee/

They will refund your purchase the first time if you fail. Now this is
just one of the sites I picked on CertGuard's so called clean list.

Click also the link below:

http://www.transcender.com/dept.aspx?dept%5Fid=100000

You will see an image with a guy jumping with his leg's open, Read
what it states:
You will Pass the First Time Guarantee. End Of Discussion. (This is
the exact wording used on jrksoftware.com, another well known
braindump provider)

Proof backing up my claim on transcender. Please click the below posts
in newsgroups made by people ordering from transcender.

http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...82ee8503baa62f

Below is also another post from David Mickelson stating that Microsoft
does not support transcender.

http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...a05c8d04b0b552

"Yes. I did some looking back to may 28th. Here's one gentleman from
Microsoft (not part of the MS Cert Team) stating they are cheat
sheets. I followed it with my response. I believe it happened one
other time with a leader from the Microsoft Cert team a month or two
later but cannot find it. "
Davin Mickelson

Message 3 in thread
From: Davin ((E-Mail Removed))
Subject: Re: Want to Buy Transcender 70-306
View this article only
Newsgroups: Microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd

Date: 2003-05-28 14:26:38 PST
Hi.
I find it interesting that Scott considers one of MCP Magazine's
(magazine
is owned and controlled by Microsoft) top sponsors as a "cheat sheet"
provider.

I was under the assumption that Transcender was not a Microsoft
Certified
Practice Test Provider (MCPTP) because of their choice not to pay
Microsoft
for the advertising/sales leads from the MS "TrainCert" web site.

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...cticetests.asp

I don't know the facts. I don't work for either company.

Davin Mickelson

"Scott Moore [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Legitimate use of Transcender is sort of an oxymoron. They are cheat
> sheets, and MS doesn't endorse them at all.
> Scott Moore
> Microsoft Corp. - OEM Mobile Devices TAM

The link below is another post you can view on transcender's from the
user Coffee.

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.ce...825e55337c8266

(I apologize for posting this twice I wanted it to be a new thread -
you can
also find this same message under "Re: TRANSCENDER OFFICALS BEING NOSY
IN THIS NEWSGROUP...")

You know I like the Transcenders - I have both purchased and been
given them
to use. I also agree with what is said about Braindumps to a degree. I
think
that a Braindump would be useful and should be comments from someone
who has
taken the tests but they shouldn't actually disclose the questions (or
their
wrong answers).

So heres my question - Why is it that we feel so justified in Slamming
the
likes of Cheet-sheets and in the same breath defend Transcenders?
This is a legitimate question (IOW I am not trying to be cute).
Transcender
questions a frighteningly close to the real questions so we know the
research is done in the same way that the likes of Braindumps and
Cheet-sheets -- why is it that we like to defend them just because
they have
been doing it longer -- WHY THIS WOULD BE UN-MICROSOFT OF US!
I am very interested in you comments and thoughts on this - it seems
to be a
double standard and I am going to get a kick out of you trying to
defend it.
Coffee.

I can add more and more posts on this subject regarding Transcender
but I will stop here, you can do this research yourself, but I warn
you, watch for transcender staff trying to convince you otherwise on
the newsgroups.

To make a long story short, no one really knows if CertGuard is
getting paid off, only they know. It is so funny on how they defend
websites that they state are clean when people who have actually
ordered from those sites state otherwise.

My opinions are expressed below on the whole topic of braindumps and
CertGuard: Please feel free to comment on this.

1. Braindumps don't hurt the IT industry. The Hiring Managers
Incompetence is what is Hurting the IT industry. What's hurting the IT
industry are incompetent hiring managers. When hiring IT staff, it is
up to the employer to determine the applicant has the necessary IT
skills and knowledge to perform in their job to back up their
certification, and not just assume they do simply because they are
certified. People who use braindumps and just plain memorize questions
are easily detected by any competent hiring manager during the first
interview.
For example, if we were to compare 2 candidates with a CCNA
certification being interviewed for the same job, and lets say one
studied via CCNA instructor led classes and books, and the other
simply braindumps. During the first interview, the hiring manager
would surely ask the candidates some technical questions based on
their CCNA assumed knowledge and skills like describe the OSI layers
and their functions or something like this. The candidate that only
memorized the braindumps to pass the exam would not know how to reply
where as the candidate who studied hard would easily be able to answer
the question.

I know when I was interviewed for my job, I was tested on configuring
a Cisco router with NAT, also doing an IOS upgrade on a router, and
configuring MPLS on the router. I passed but the manager took extra
steps to ensure that I did indeed know what I was talking about. So,
what I am saying is to educate managers and companies to test there
employee's instead of just assuming that they are good.

2. CertGuard looks to me to support braindump sites, and possibly has
a financial interest in their supposed clean list of sites it
supports. CertGaurd clearly offers only biased information so take
everything you read from any of them carefully, in fact, I would not
trust them at all!
Reasons they are exploiting the IT industry is because they clearly
state certain sites are clean when any newbie to this industry can
tell they are not, and also because they are profiting from selling
advertising space on their website all in the name of their bogus war
on IT Braindumps and cheaters.

How do we know if any of them are actually certified? How did they get
their certifications? Maybe they bought them from testking? How can we
trust a group of online posters who seem to use Nazi-Like rhetoric and
Communist type phrases? Don't take my word for it, just check any of
their posts and you will surely see this to be the case.

Clearly, by simple investigation anyone can see that many of the sites
Certguard supports are Braindumps ie. QuickCert.com, Trancender.com,
Certways.com, jrksoftware.com etc...

Could it be possible that Certguard is receiving some form of
financial compensation for their support of these known braindump
providers? I would have to say yes since their War on Braindumps etc..
is simply an exploit of this issue for financial gain as they are
selling advertising on their website.

As we all know, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually
is. This has been my experience specifically with Certguard. At first
glance, I thought, finally, someone who will actually do something to
clean up the IT industry, but after really looking into their website,
it seems 100% clear that they have a financial interest in this so
called War on Braindumps. I would like to suggest that Robert Williams
rename this war to "My War Against Braindump Sites I Am Not Profiting
From!" because clearly as you will see below, many of the sites listed
on his bogus clean list are actually well know braindumps sites which
are probably paying him:

- QuickCert.com - They Claim this site is clean:
http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=450

Clearly, this site is not clean because they have a direct link from
certifyexpress.com, braindumpcentral.com, braindumps.com, which
Certguard knows is a Testking owned website and a well known braindump
promoting site as you will see below:

On the homepage of certifyexpress.com, you will notice the very top
banner advertising for Testking.com, then the one just below it
advertising for Quickcert.com, and then there are 3 links for Actual-
Exams.com, Testking.com and you guessed it, Quickcert.com. Clearly,
you cannot dispute this evidence and clearly, certguard must have some
financial interest in promoting quickcert.com.

Here is another list from a CertGuard post which lists Braindump free
sites: http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=270 out of this
list, there are clearly well KNOWN braindump sites like:

Certways.com - a well known braindump site most likely owned by
Testking with hosting on the same server as:

- Examways.com

- Examworx.com

jrksoftware.com - a longtime braindump provider using the EasyCert
name their homepage clearly states "you will pass the first time
guaranteed! In the left menu bar with a pic of a girl jumping for joy.

A simple backlink check will show that they have an incoming link from
Examblasters.com, which is also another braindump site:

http://www.google.com/search?q=link:...&start=10&sa=N

gocertify.com - they claim to be clean, however they have a link on
their site for Practice Tests with goes to goexam.com which seems to
be their cover to sell braindumps with a Pass Guarantee and 25% - 50%
off their products.

Transcender.com - They provide a Pass on Your First Try Guarantee and
practice tests that contain actual exam questions. I know this
firsthand as my best friend used their material about 1 year ago and
found this to be the case. Surely not clean and also seems to have an
affiliate as listed next.

studyexam4less.com/transcender.asp - They also provide braindumps and
are well known to be doing this for some time now. They even have
their own page outlining the 100% Pass Guarantee here:

studyexam4less.com/Transcender-Pass-the-exam-the-first-time-
Guarantee.asp
certsavvy.com - offers a Pass the First Time Guarantee and is known to
provide real exam questions

3. CertGuard is Childish, Immoral and Useless.
They seem to always provide Useless info and no help for newcomers to
the IT industry and often end up insulting and or threatening your
legitimate beginner questions. CertGuard doesn't seem like a group of
people I would trust with my career choices so be very careful and
think for yourself.

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about:

Post Topic: What requirement for MCSE
The First Guy posts about the requirements for MCSE but no one other
than Birol gives a useful reply. Cerebrus (who works for certguard)
and Certguard both give useless, insulting replies and also show just
how childish and immoral they are, so how could any one trust what
such rude and immoral people say, without doing their own research:
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...957239a6843f67

CertGuard Wrote:
> JJ Gitties wrote :
>> you need to buy arab/english dictionary.

> No, he doesn't. BTW, your name sounds very similar to somethings that
> I like very much !

LMAO...I presume you mean DD Titties...I thought the same damb thing
when he
walked in.
....and I'll bet every damb one of us old pervs here did.
Cerebrus Wrote:
> LMAO...I presume you mean DD Titties...I thought the same damb thing when he
> walked in.
> ...and I'll bet every damb one of us old pervs here did.

Holy cow ! Not you too !

I would never every trust my career choices with anything these
animals say. They are basically wolves in sheeps clothing, trying to
make a buck all while not helping and rudely poking fun at anyone that
comes into their path!

And if you think I am making this up, just check any of their posts
and you will surely see their wolf like attitude speak out loud:

This is in addition to what Larry J West has stated about certguard
for which I agree 100%:
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...dd48bde6adf5f1

Larry States:
You are right that many in the MCNGP / CertGuard group are very
childish, rude beyond belief, and in most cases [90% of the time] not
very helpful. Their insulting of people for no reason who are trying
to help people is truly beyond my comprehension, especially since
these are people who are supposedly knowledgeable enough on computers
to know that UseNet exists (Not
everyone does) and hence have some intelligence.

So why did you join them? I think their group's goals of stamping out
proxy-testers and braindumps is very laudable, but their actions are
just like the outgoing Clinton officials
glueing of the "W" keys on government computers - it doesn't show any
intelligence, it just shows how childish they are and destroys what
credibility they did have. This is a PUBLIC forum - their actions may
be fine in their fraternity houses on their college campuses, but not
in the real world. Their response to you in not acknowledging that
this is a problem (but just
criticizing you further) is another sign that they are ignorant and do
not understand or care. Until they change, I will not be joining that
group, which is a shame, since I too agree with cleaning up the
certification mess.

Even the criticism of you putting your "MCP" in your signature is a
sign that some in the group's leadership deep down don't care about
increasing the values of all certifications. They just want to justify
their psychological need of putting people down and somehow believe
that this is a good method of doing so.

I would like to know why you gave them credibility for their actions
by joining their group.

4. CertGuard Is not to be Trusted?
Just read any of their posts and replies and you will certainly agree
that they are offensive, rude, not willing to help and in the end,
fraudulent as they claim to provide support for clean sites when they
actually support braindump type sites.

5. CertGuard should issue a War on Incompetent Managers. But there is
no financial gain in doing that! It is 100% up to the hiring manager
to weed out unqualified applicants, in reality, no one cares about
braindumps. Because there is no financial gain in this reality,
certguard will never come to grips with this and seems to continue to
pursue their fake war on cheaters!

These are just my opinions made by facts and observations that I have
seen and listed with regards to Certguard.com. You make you own
decision?

I have listed posts below that you can view and see for yourself on
this so called CertGuard company:

1. Many arguments that CertGuard may be covering and providing
braindumps:
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...3a6262b88ed1b1

2. Exams Required for MCSE -> LarryWestMCSD (5th post down) states
that CertGuard is childish, rude and most of all not helpful. This is
exactly what we want to say about them in addition to their support of
apparent braindump sites and exploiting this War on Braindumps for a
profit via website advertising. Below is a quote taken from this post.

[...]

joining their group. "If you would like to read more about this post,
you can view this by clicking on the link below.

3. Transcender Vs. MeasureUp -> the majority of posts here doesn't
even cover this topic, instead it is filled with childish and useless
posts.
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...957239a6843f67

4. What requirement for MCSE -> First Guy posts about the requirements
for MCSE but no one other than Birol gives a useful reply. Cerebrus
and CertGuard both give useless, insulting replies and also show just
how childish and immoral they are, so how could any moral person trust
what they say without their own research:

Cerebrus Wrote:
> LMAO...I presume you mean DD Titties...I thought the same damb thing when he
> walked in.
> ...and I'll bet every damb one of us old pervs here did.

Holy cow ! Not you too !

You can view this post below:
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...d52a5acbd78c0d

I can go on and on but I think I will stop here. Please feel free to
post with regards to this information provided and give your views on
this topic. Once again, this is just my opinion that certguard
actually supports certain websites that provide braindumps and I hope
people don't get fooled by this.

Cheers!!!

Cerebrus

On May 1, 2:45 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Baseless and frivolous allegations snipped.

You can find a fitting reply to your post here :
<http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=714>

Cerebrus.

Join the battle against Br@indumps
http://www.certguard.com/forums/

CertGuard - Is it a Scam? You Decide? kevinkops11@gmail.com MCSD 1 05-02-2007 06:34 AM
CertGuard - Is it a Scam? You Decide? kevinkops11@gmail.com MCAD 0 04-30-2007 09:21 PM
CertGuard - Is it a Scam? You Decide? kevinkops11@gmail.com MCSE 0 04-30-2007 09:15 PM
CertGuard Website Julia MCSE 61 01-29-2007 02:58 PM
Certguard Mission Statement And Declaration Of War 1.0 Certguard VP MCSE 59 10-27-2006 02:48 PM

Advertisments