Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > finale notepad alternative?

finale notepad alternative?

Demolitio

I was wondering if any of you have come across any free alternatives to
the sheet music authoring software finale notepad, that can read *.mus
files, for windows or Linux? been looking for awhile but haven't come up
with anything yet.

I kind of got fed up with finale, after i started receiving
compatibility issues when re-introducing my old sheet music.

thanatoid

Demolitio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Q6adneb6YIRZoavbnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@wtccommunica tions.ca:

> I was wondering if any of you have come across any free
> alternatives to the sheet music authoring software finale
> notepad, that can read *.mus files, for windows or Linux?
> been looking for awhile but haven't come up with anything
> yet.
>
> I kind of got fed up with finale, after i started receiving
> compatibility issues when re-introducing my old sheet
> music.

This is a RATHER obscure subject. I strongly suggest researching
whether there are /perhaps/ some music-composition-related
newsgroups in existence.

Frosty

On 30 Apr 2007 22:46:31 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk thanatoid
<(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write something intelligible,
but instead wrote :

>Demolitio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:Q6adneb6YIRZoavbnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@wtccommunic ations.ca:
>
>> I was wondering if any of you have come across any free
>> alternatives to the sheet music authoring software finale
>> notepad, that can read *.mus files, for windows or Linux?
>> been looking for awhile but haven't come up with anything
>> yet.
>>
>> I kind of got fed up with finale, after i started receiving
>> compatibility issues when re-introducing my old sheet
>> music.
>>

>This is a RATHER obscure subject. I strongly suggest researching
>whether there are /perhaps/ some music-composition-related
>newsgroups in existence.

I was surprised to find at least three ng's related to sheet music.
Who'da thunkit?

thanatoid

Frosty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 30 Apr 2007 22:46:31 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write
> something intelligible, but instead wrote :
>
>>Demolitio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:Q6adneb6YIRZoavbnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@wtccommuni cations.ca:
>>
>>> I was wondering if any of you have come across any free
>>> alternatives to the sheet music authoring software finale
>>> notepad, that can read *.mus files, for windows or Linux?
>>> been looking for awhile but haven't come up with anything
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> I kind of got fed up with finale, after i started
>>> receiving compatibility issues when re-introducing my old
>>> sheet music.
>>>

>>This is a RATHER obscure subject. I strongly suggest
>>researching whether there are /perhaps/ some
>>music-composition-related newsgroups in existence.

> I was surprised to find at least three ng's related to
> sheet music. Who'da thunkit?

Astounding, isn't it?