Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to change .wpw & .wpd files into .txt or .doc files please?

How to change .wpw & .wpd files into .txt or .doc files please?

cu@thebar.com

hello, I am sorting through some files which are part of our Charities
records/minutes from a few years ago. They are in the format of .wpw &
..wpd. Could someone please advise on how I can change these into
readable files in MS Word or, ...? Thanks for any help!
Allen

Alfred

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:42:30 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>hello, I am sorting through some files which are part of our Charities
>records/minutes from a few years ago. They are in the format of .wpw &
>.wpd. Could someone please advise on how I can change these into
>readable files in MS Word or, ...? Thanks for any help!
>Allen

Google results suggest these are Corel word perfect files. Microsoft
word should open wpw and give you the option of saving in doc format.
I'd guess the wpd is a database file.

You may have to ask around for someone with the original software to
open them for you then save them in a more portable format.

Tester

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:42:30 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>hello, I am sorting through some files which are part of our Charities
>records/minutes from a few years ago. They are in the format of .wpw &
>.wpd. Could someone please advise on how I can change these into
>readable files in MS Word or, ...? Thanks for any help!
>Allen

WPD is Word Perfect and WPW is Word Perfect Works. There might be
problems with cettain versions and some formatting but I should think
that most popular word processing programs can read these at least WPD
and write .doc files including MSWORD, and freeware Abiword and Open
Office. Word Perfect was the most popular word processing program
under DOS.