Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Email Hosting recommendation

Email Hosting recommendation

John Smith

Good day all,

I'm interested in getting an online email address that is independent
from my ISP.

My main need are IMAP access, over 50MB of storage and a generous amount
of transfer. I'm not planning to use it for file transfer but I would
need to sync it up to 5 or 6 place a week so the bandwith can grow easily.

The domain name of the service is not really important as long as it's
not "unprofessional" ((E-Mail Removed)) I don't have a domain so I
would have to rely on the email hosting company to provide some kind of
name, IE: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), or something similar to
dyndns.org where you can select over 30 domains.

Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions?

Thank you for the support.

Pleiades

Sandy Nuts

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7JnZh.76423$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Good day all,
>
> I'm interested in getting an online email address that is independent from
> my ISP.
>
> My main need are IMAP access, over 50MB of storage and a generous amount
> of transfer. I'm not planning to use it for file transfer but I would need
> to sync it up to 5 or 6 place a week so the bandwith can grow easily.
>
> The domain name of the service is not really important as long as it's not
> "unprofessional" ((E-Mail Removed)) I don't have a domain so I would
> have to rely on the email hosting company to provide some kind of name,
> IE: (E-Mail Removed), or something similar to dyndns.org
> where you can select over 30 domains.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions?

http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=14657131

Exchange hosting for 5.99/mo. If you're in the US, they do a US service
too. Can't fault them.

Blinky the Shark

John Smith wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> I'm interested in getting an online email address that is independent
> from my ISP.
>
> My main need are IMAP access, over 50MB of storage and a generous amount
> of transfer. I'm not planning to use it for file transfer but I would
> need to sync it up to 5 or 6 place a week so the bandwith can grow easily.
>
> The domain name of the service is not really important as long as it's
> not "unprofessional" ((E-Mail Removed)) I don't have a domain so I
> would have to rely on the email hosting company to provide some kind of
> name, IE: (E-Mail Removed), or something similar to
> dyndns.org where you can select over 30 domains.

> Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestions?

Sure. *Get* a domain. They can be had for six or seven dollars (US,
convert as needed) a year. Then you're in charge. And you don't have
to worry about mickey-mouse domains unless you buy one.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups