Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > direct X

direct X

Kue2

what is the latest version available for Win XP 64?
what is the latest version available for Vista Ultimate 64?

Dale White

DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for the
runtime files

You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is outside
of theDX10 that Vista also has.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what is the latest version available for Win XP 64?
> what is the latest version available for Vista Ultimate 64?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Dale:
There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no update
for DirectX 9.
The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
Carlos

"Dale White" wrote:

> DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for the
> runtime files
>
> You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is outside
> of theDX10 that Vista also has.
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > what is the latest version available for Win XP 64?
> > what is the latest version available for Vista Ultimate 64?

Kue2

Carlos: Directx in vista is version 10

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dale:
> There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
> I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no update
> for DirectX 9.
> The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
> Carlos
>
> "Dale White" wrote:
>
>> DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for
>> the
>> runtime files
>>
>> You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is
>> outside
>> of theDX10 that Vista also has.
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > what is the latest version available for Win XP 64?
>> > what is the latest version available for Vista Ultimate 64?

Dale White

I don't know what to tell you, if you haven't applied any of the runtime
updates to Vista and you try to run a game like FEAR, BF2142, 3dMark06
without applying those updates, you're going to get a d3dx9_33.dll missing
message. Apply any of the DX9 runtime updates and that problem goes away.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dale:
> There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
> I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no update
> for DirectX 9.
> The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
> Carlos
>
> "Dale White" wrote:
>
>> DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for
>> the
>> runtime files
>>
>> You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is
>> outside
>> of theDX10 that Vista also has.
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > what is the latest version available for Win XP 64?
>> > what is the latest version available for Vista Ultimate 64?

Dale White

Vista has both DX9.0L and DX10 installed

The technical stuff can be read here

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carlos: Directx in vista is version 10

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dale:
>> There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
>> I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no update
>> for DirectX 9.
>> The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Dale White" wrote:
>>
>>> DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for
>>> the
>>> runtime files
>>>
>>> You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is
>>> outside
>>> of theDX10 that Vista also has.
>>>

>>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kue2

Hi Dale
your information is very interesting.
View this link the system requirements do not list Vista as a supported
operating system.

"Dale White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O7IHI%(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don't know what to tell you, if you haven't applied any of the runtime
> updates to Vista and you try to run a game like FEAR, BF2142, 3dMark06
> without applying those updates, you're going to get a d3dx9_33.dll missing
> message. Apply any of the DX9 runtime updates and that problem goes away.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dale:
>> There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
>> I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no update
>> for DirectX 9.
>> The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Dale White" wrote:
>>
>>> DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for
>>> the
>>> runtime files
>>>
>>> You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is
>>> outside
>>> of theDX10 that Vista also has.
>>>

>>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Milhouse Van Houten

I note that Nero 7.x (latest version) insists upon installing DirectX 9.0c
in Vista before installing itself. If 9.0L is in Vista, I wonder why it
can't use that.

"Dale White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Vista has both DX9.0L and DX10 installed
>
> The technical stuff can be read here
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Carlos: Directx in vista is version 10

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Dale:
>>> There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
>>> I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no
>>> update
>>> for DirectX 9.
>>> The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
>>> Carlos

John Barnes

I think you are dealing with really old information. As far as I know
DirectX 9.0L was the Vista predecessor to DirectX 10 that has been in Vista
from the beginning.

"Dale White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O7IHI%(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don't know what to tell you, if you haven't applied any of the runtime
> updates to Vista and you try to run a game like FEAR, BF2142, 3dMark06
> without applying those updates, you're going to get a d3dx9_33.dll missing
> message. Apply any of the DX9 runtime updates and that problem goes away.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dale:
>> There seems to be no need of updating DirectX 9 in Vista.
>> I regularly check what updates have been installed and there is no update
>> for DirectX 9.
>> The one embedded in Vista DVD seems to be fine.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Dale White" wrote:
>>
>>> DX 9.0c is the latest full version for XP, with an April 2007 update for
>>> the
>>> runtime files
>>>
>>> You can apply those same April updates to Vista(32 or 64). This is
>>> outside
>>> of theDX10 that Vista also has.
>>>

>>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kurt Herman

Because Nero isn't "looking" for DX9.L The people who programmed Nero hard
coded it to look for DX9c. Simple , really.

Its the same for almost every other game out there. They do a check for a
specific flavor of DX9, and if its not there, installs it.

Kurt

"Milhouse Van Houten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I note that Nero 7.x (latest version) insists upon installing DirectX 9.0c
>in Vista before installing itself. If 9.0L is in Vista, I wonder why it
>can't use that.
>
> "Dale White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Vista has both DX9.0L and DX10 installed
>>
>> The technical stuff can be read here
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa663366.aspx
>>
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Carlos: Directx in vista is version 10
>>>
>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Direct instantiation and configuration Rick Jackson VHDL 8 12-02-2005 01:32 PM
Is there a good re-direct killer? B. Peg Firefox 0 06-25-2005 02:50 PM
Direct Render cameron Firefox 4 02-01-2005 08:07 PM
direct instantiation, libraries valentin tihomirov VHDL 6 04-26-2004 12:03 PM
Equivalent for Ascend-IP-Direct Attribute / Forced Proxy on NAS? Emre Bastuz Cisco 1 01-02-2004 06:04 PM

Advertisments