Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Nvidia WHQL Driver

Nvidia WHQL Driver

Kue2

ForceWare Release 158
Version: 158.18
Release Date: April 26, 2007
WHQL Driver

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html

Frenchy

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> ForceWare Release 158
> Version: 158.18
> Release Date: April 26, 2007
> WHQL Driver
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html

Since installing this, it no longer sees my second monitor for multiple
displays on SLI twin graphic cards. None of the settings seem to help.
Have contacted NVIDIA, so will just hold my breath!

Frenchy

Kue2

From :
Release Highlights:

a.. WHQL Certified driver

NVIDIA has a problem when trying to enable NVIDIA SLI using the
international driver kit. If you are having problems enabling this feature,
please download the U.S. English driver kit.

Please see release notes on web site.

"Frenchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ForceWare Release 158
>> Version: 158.18
>> Release Date: April 26, 2007
>> WHQL Driver
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html
>>

> Since installing this, it no longer sees my second monitor for multiple
> displays on SLI twin graphic cards. None of the settings seem to help.
> Have contacted NVIDIA, so will just hold my breath!
>
> Frenchy

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Kue2:
Did you install these 158.18's on top of the 158.18 beta?
Or do these new equally numbered drivers uninstall the prior beta?
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> From :
> Release Highlights:
>
> a.. WHQL Certified driver
>
> NVIDIA has a problem when trying to enable NVIDIA SLI using the
> international driver kit. If you are having problems enabling this feature,
> please download the U.S. English driver kit.
>
> Please see release notes on web site.
>
> "Frenchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> ForceWare Release 158
> >> Version: 158.18
> >> Release Date: April 26, 2007
> >> WHQL Driver
> >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html
> >>

> > Since installing this, it no longer sees my second monitor for multiple
> > displays on SLI twin graphic cards. None of the settings seem to help.
> > Have contacted NVIDIA, so will just hold my breath!
> >
> > Frenchy

Frenchy

I installed on top and then again separate from the 158.18 non WHQL (I
didn't see that as a Beta, it was just not WHQL certified). But I then
wiped the NVIDIA directory and unzipped again and re-installed today's WHQL
Certified. These drivers uninstall the old version anyway. It certainly
seems SLI is the problem. You get an error message that the "Display Driver
stopped responding nvlddmkm.sys and it has been successfully restarted".
But no twin monitors.

The nvlddmkm.sys file has date stamp 12 April 2007 5:07pm

I did in both cases download the US English file (30.4 Mb) and never the
International one.

I WOULD like a rapid solution to this! My work efficiency is about 40%
without two monitors!

Frenchy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2:
> Did you install these 158.18's on top of the 158.18 beta?
> Or do these new equally numbered drivers uninstall the prior beta?
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> From :
>> Release Highlights:
>>
>> a.. WHQL Certified driver
>>
>> NVIDIA has a problem when trying to enable NVIDIA SLI using the
>> international driver kit. If you are having problems enabling this
>> feature,
>> please download the U.S. English driver kit.
>>
>> Please see release notes on web site.
>>
>> "Frenchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >>

>> > Since installing this, it no longer sees my second monitor for multiple
>> > displays on SLI twin graphic cards. None of the settings seem to help.
>> > Have contacted NVIDIA, so will just hold my breath!
>> >
>> > Frenchy

Kue2

Hey Carlos!!
nice 2 c someone's still in da group.....

The install program will find the current drivers & uninstall them. Install
over the top.
Works great!! Install program is slick,but my problem still not fixed....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2:
> Did you install these 158.18's on top of the 158.18 beta?
> Or do these new equally numbered drivers uninstall the prior beta?
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> From :
>> Release Highlights:
>>
>> a.. WHQL Certified driver
>>
>> NVIDIA has a problem when trying to enable NVIDIA SLI using the
>> international driver kit. If you are having problems enabling this
>> feature,
>> please download the U.S. English driver kit.
>>
>> Please see release notes on web site.
>>
>> "Frenchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >>

>> > Since installing this, it no longer sees my second monitor for multiple
>> > displays on SLI twin graphic cards. None of the settings seem to help.
>> > Have contacted NVIDIA, so will just hold my breath!
>> >
>> > Frenchy

dont hold your breath, you dont wanna pass out
"Frenchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ForceWare Release 158
>> Version: 158.18
>> Release Date: April 26, 2007
>> WHQL Driver
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html
>>

> Since installing this, it no longer sees my second monitor for multiple
> displays on SLI twin graphic cards. None of the settings seem to help.
> Have contacted NVIDIA, so will just hold my breath!
>
> Frenchy

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Kue2:
I will wait for the final release.
This update is only for the English version.
The international one remains as the former release, the beta one.
I am currently having no problems with the beta so, "If it ain't broke,
don't fix it".
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> Hey Carlos!!
> nice 2 c someone's still in da group.....
>
> The install program will find the current drivers & uninstall them. Install
> over the top.
> Works great!! Install program is slick,but my problem still not fixed....

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Kue2:
> > Did you install these 158.18's on top of the 158.18 beta?
> > Or do these new equally numbered drivers uninstall the prior beta?
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Kue2" wrote:
> >
> >> From :
> >> Release Highlights:
> >>
> >> a.. WHQL Certified driver
> >>
> >> NVIDIA has a problem when trying to enable NVIDIA SLI using the
> >> international driver kit. If you are having problems enabling this
> >> feature,
> >> please download the U.S. English driver kit.
> >>
> >> Please see release notes on web site.
> >>
> >> "Frenchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Thanks For Posting That, Just FYI. It Works Great With X64 Windows Server
Code Name Long Horn Beta 3, Also Just FYI.

Kevin John Panzke (Microsoft Beta Tester and MSDN Operating Systems Level
Subscriber)

P.S. Now If ATI Would Just Fix An Annoying Problem That I Some Times Have
With Their 7.4 Driver, Everything Would Be Just Great (The Display Screen
Sometimes Goes Dark With My Ati Radeon X1300 On My Other Computer), Just
FYI.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> ForceWare Release 158
> Version: 158.18
> Release Date: April 26, 2007
> WHQL Driver
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html

Colin Barnhorst

Hi, Kev. How is the USPS thing going for you? I have been under the
weather and haven't had a chance to chat with you for a while.

--
Colin Barnhorst
MVP Virtual Machine