Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Thanks!

Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Charlie:
Like I said in my Easter salutation: This group is more like a family.
And this family is proud to have MVP's like you and Colin, and outstanding
regulars from all the world.
Let's hope we can keep this house clean and free (also) of "Linux vs Vista"
"XP vs Vista" trolls.
Have a great day, Charlie
Carlos
(from the bottomside of the world)

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> We try to be. Actually, it's the regulars here that make this group healthy.
> We've actively avoided feeding the trolls here, and even convinced folks to
> avoid the AMD v. Intel discussions that could have easily gotten unhealthy
> in the early days.
>
> What I appreciate as the MVP who has been around this group from the very
> beginning is that when I go away, because I'm overloaded on a project or out
> of office or whatever, the group keeps right on answering folks and being
> the resource it has been since the beginning. I can't tell you how much that
> means to me as someone who feels a certain responsibility for this group. (I
> fought strongly for its creation inside MS when it was not a popular
> position.) The regulars here are a pleasure to know and work with. Thank
> you.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > However, I have never seen a negative post about Colin, and many, many
> > complimentary and thankful posts. Same in this group for Charlie. Other
> > MVP's don't post much in this group comparatively, but are mostly helpful.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Indeed, Carlos. My thoughts exactly.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie:
> Like I said in my Easter salutation: This group is more like a family.
> And this family is proud to have MVP's like you and Colin, and outstanding
> regulars from all the world.
> Let's hope we can keep this house clean and free (also) of "Linux vs
> Vista"
> "XP vs Vista" trolls.
> Have a great day, Charlie
> Carlos
> (from the bottomside of the world)
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> We try to be. Actually, it's the regulars here that make this group
>> healthy.
>> We've actively avoided feeding the trolls here, and even convinced folks
>> avoid the AMD v. Intel discussions that could have easily gotten
>> unhealthy
>> in the early days.
>>
>> What I appreciate as the MVP who has been around this group from the very
>> beginning is that when I go away, because I'm overloaded on a project or
>> out
>> of office or whatever, the group keeps right on answering folks and being
>> the resource it has been since the beginning. I can't tell you how much
>> that
>> means to me as someone who feels a certain responsibility for this group.
>> (I
>> fought strongly for its creation inside MS when it was not a popular
>> position.) The regulars here are a pleasure to know and work with. Thank
>> you.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > However, I have never seen a negative post about Colin, and many, many
>> > complimentary and thankful posts. Same in this group for Charlie.
>> > Other
>> > MVP's don't post much in this group comparatively, but are mostly
>> > helpful.

Jane C

Ditto vista.general has certainly degenerated of late. Most unpleasant.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP Windows Shell/User
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

Hi, Jane. Congrats on your award!

--
Colin Barnhorst
MVP Virtual Machine
"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ditto vista.general has certainly degenerated of late. Most
> unpleasant.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP Windows Shell/User
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Indeed, Carlos. My thoughts exactly.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Charlie:
>>> Like I said in my Easter salutation: This group is more like a family.
>>> And this family is proud to have MVP's like you and Colin, and
>>> outstanding
>>> regulars from all the world.
>>> Let's hope we can keep this house clean and free (also) of "Linux vs
>>> Vista"
>>> "XP vs Vista" trolls.
>>> Have a great day, Charlie
>>> Carlos
>>> (from the bottomside of the world)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Another fine MVP on the group!
Carlos

"Jane C" wrote:

> Ditto vista.general has certainly degenerated of late. Most unpleasant.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP Windows Shell/User
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Indeed, Carlos. My thoughts exactly.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
> >

> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Charlie:
> >> Like I said in my Easter salutation: This group is more like a family.
> >> And this family is proud to have MVP's like you and Colin, and
> >> outstanding
> >> regulars from all the world.
> >> Let's hope we can keep this house clean and free (also) of "Linux vs
> >> Vista"
> >> "XP vs Vista" trolls.
> >> Have a great day, Charlie
> >> Carlos
> >> (from the bottomside of the world)

John Barnes

Missed seeing that. My congratulation also. Well deserved.

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ditto vista.general has certainly degenerated of late. Most
> unpleasant.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP Windows Shell/User
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Indeed, Carlos. My thoughts exactly.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Charlie:
>>> Like I said in my Easter salutation: This group is more like a family.
>>> And this family is proud to have MVP's like you and Colin, and
>>> outstanding
>>> regulars from all the world.
>>> Let's hope we can keep this house clean and free (also) of "Linux vs
>>> Vista"
>>> "XP vs Vista" trolls.
>>> Have a great day, Charlie
>>> Carlos
>>> (from the bottomside of the world)

Dennis Pack

Jane:
Congratulations and I agree with you fully. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

Jane C

Thanks Colin

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP Windows Shell/User
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Jane. Congrats on your award!
>
> --
> Colin Barnhorst
> MVP Virtual Machine
> "Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ditto vista.general has certainly degenerated of late. Most
>> unpleasant.
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> MVP Windows Shell/User
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Indeed, Carlos. My thoughts exactly.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>>

>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jane C

<VBG> I'm blushing now

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP Windows Shell/User
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Another fine MVP on the group!
> Carlos
>
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
>> Ditto vista.general has certainly degenerated of late. Most
>> unpleasant.
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> MVP Windows Shell/User
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Indeed, Carlos. My thoughts exactly.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Charlie.
>> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
>> >

>> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jane C

Thanks John