Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XPS document print to file converter

XPS document print to file converter

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIENoYW50cnk=?=

I have down loaded the xps print to file converter.
Now it overrides the default printer. It comes up for everything.
Is there a way to make active only when you want to use it.
Windows XP Pro.
--
Don

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Don:
Just go to the Printers section in Control Panel and set your usual printer
as the default one.
Carlos

"Don Chantry" wrote:

> I have down loaded the xps print to file converter.
> Now it overrides the default printer. It comes up for everything.
> Is there a way to make active only when you want to use it.
> Windows XP Pro.
> --
> Don

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIENoYW50cnk=?=

Thank you for the response. However my other printer has been selected as the
default. But XPS always comes up and tries to take over anyway.
--
Don

"Carlos" wrote:

> Don:
> Just go to the Printers section in Control Panel and set your usual printer
> as the default one.
> Carlos
>
> "Don Chantry" wrote:
>
> > I have down loaded the xps print to file converter.
> > Now it overrides the default printer. It comes up for everything.
> > Is there a way to make active only when you want to use it.
> > Windows XP Pro.
> > --
> > Don

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Don:
Unfortunately I have Office 2003 here and cannot try the XPS add-on.
So, what you mean is that when you choose File, Print the default printer is
switched to XPS no matter what you set up in control panel?
Was there something you might have overlooked during the XPS add-on install
or is it just a click and install program with no options?
Maybe the guys in the Office NG might help you further.
Carlos

"Don Chantry" wrote:

> Thank you for the response. However my other printer has been selected as the
> default. But XPS always comes up and tries to take over anyway.
> --
> Don
>

> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Don:
> > Just go to the Printers section in Control Panel and set your usual printer
> > as the default one.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Don Chantry" wrote:
> >
> > > I have down loaded the xps print to file converter.
> > > Now it overrides the default printer. It comes up for everything.
> > > Is there a way to make active only when you want to use it.
> > > Windows XP Pro.
> > > --
> > > Don

Dennis Pack

Don:
If you have a document open, hit control-P, you should get a dialog
box with a drop down box to selectwhich printer. After you select the
printer of choice it should stay thay way. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
news:(E-Mail Removed)...