Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Password no longer works.

Password no longer works.

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9ueTQ1?=

My computer froze and I had no choice but to shut it down which I have done
in the past. But this time when the password window came up it would not
accept my password which is correct since I have been using it for two years.
I do not have a reset disk. Something happened during the shut down which
corrupted my password. How can I get into my computer. It is a stand alone
computer.

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:46:02 -0700, dony45
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

I think there is a way of deleting a few files which contain the passwords
(*.sam files if I remember correctly). If you are the only user it's ok I
guess, but you could make it inaccesible for other users (meaning they
can't get to their data).

jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Dony:
You might try pressing F8 during boot and access to the menu of boot options.
Try selecting "Last Known Good Configuration".
Maybe that restores you to the previous password state.
Carlos