Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Logging in as administrator problem

Logging in as administrator problem

=?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=

I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign in as
administrator. I need to add some software.

Theo

What operating system are you in?

Lost wrote:
> I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
> can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign in as
> administrator. I need to add some software.

John Barnes

Great question.

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What operating system are you in?
>
> Lost wrote:
>> I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
>> can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign
>> in as administrator. I need to add some software.

Andrew Jarvis

"Lost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
> can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign in
> as
> administrator. I need to add some software.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice.

=?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=

Xp operating system

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Great question.
>
> "Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What operating system are you in?
> >
> > Lost wrote:
> >> I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
> >> can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign
> >> in as administrator. I need to add some software.

=?Utf-8?B?TG9zdA==?=

Great! That brought up the task manager. But the task manager shows the
original user name I used. I then switch to administrator as user. Then I
used a different name as limited user. But now I can't switch back as
administrator or even find an option. Got any ideas.

"Andrew Jarvis" wrote:

> "Lost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I was logged in as administrator. I then switched to a user name. Now I
> > can't switch back. Can't even pull up the page that allows one to sign in
> > as
> > administrator. I need to add some software.

> Press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice.

John Barnes

This is the X64 group. XP comes in many flavours. Which one are you using?
A procedure for adding administrator to the Welcome screen, if that is what
you want is as follows:
1. At a command prompt, type lusrmgr.msc to open Local Users And Groups
2. In the console tree, click Groups
3. Double-click the Administrators group and remove all accounts except
Administrator
4. Open the Users or Power Users groups and then click Add to add each of
the accounts you removed.

"Lost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Xp operating system
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Great question.
>>
>> "Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > What operating system are you in?

Andrew Jarvis

Sorry, I did not make myself clear enough.

When you are on the "Welcome" screen, where you get the accounts to choose
from, press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice.

This should bring up the normal login dialog box so that you can enter
"Administrator" and the password.

Once you're in you should be able to sort out the login options.