Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Setting Network Priority

Setting Network Priority

DSL-Dave

On our home wireless network, one of our users (our teenager!) is tending to
"hog" the network with large downloads. Is there any way I can set her
priority to a lower level so that my wife and I can get our email in one
continuous chunk, instead of getting timed out!
If this cannot be done within Windows, perhaps someone can recommend a
third party application.

Thanks,
----------
Dave

Arkady Frenkel

Check if Network Limiter ( http://www.netlimiter.com ) can help you
Arkady

"DSL-Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On our home wireless network, one of our users (our teenager!) is tending

> "hog" the network with large downloads. Is there any way I can set her
> priority to a lower level so that my wife and I can get our email in one
> continuous chunk, instead of getting timed out!
> If this cannot be done within Windows, perhaps someone can recommend a
> third party application.
>
> Thanks,
> ----------
> Dave

DSL-Dave

Arkady,

Thanks for the reference. I'm going there right now...

Dave

"Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotxcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check if Network Limiter ( http://www.netlimiter.com ) can help you
> Arkady
>
> "DSL-Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On our home wireless network, one of our users (our teenager!) is

tending
> > "hog" the network with large downloads. Is there any way I can set her
> > priority to a lower level so that my wife and I can get our email in one
> > continuous chunk, instead of getting timed out!
> > If this cannot be done within Windows, perhaps someone can recommend a
> > third party application.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

An easy solution is to be a parent and kick them off the internet when you
need it.