Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 24" full HD LCD monitor and videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or DDR2? Very urgent!.!!

24" full HD LCD monitor and videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or DDR2? Very urgent!.!!

ulixi@emmail.it

I'm sorry for the urgency but tomorrow morning I have to clear my
ideas.
In your opinion can I use the videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or
DDR2 with a 24" full HD LCD monitor ? My monitor is high resolution
LCD 24". It is Samsung SyncMaster 244T
Will the monitor lost the image quality?
Have I to purchase a videocard with better feature?
Thanks

babaloo

A 24 inch wide screen display will tax most videocards.
You need to find out whether that video card can support the native
resolution of the 24 inch monitor at its native refresh rate. Many video
cards, even recent PCIe with 256mbs of RAM top out around 1440x900 when
trying to support widescreen displays. I believe this is because they do not
have large enough frame buffers to support higher resolutions despite having
that much RAM.
Hence one has to buy higher end gaming video cards in order to optimally
support large monitors even for non-gaming purposes.
The video card specs are available from ATI.
Larger monitors are unforgiving of connection problems, hence digital video
connectors are desirable.

ulixi@emmail.it

on the Ati x1650 Pro I read these specs:

Display support
HDTV compatibility (YPbPr)
HDMI compliance / HDCP ready
Dual-Link capabilities: 2
native display support: 10-bit
3D Graphics Resolution: 2560x1600
TV Out resolution: 1024x768
Dual Display support: Hydravision 3

Do you think this videocard will support a 24" full HD LCD monitor?
thanks

>A 24 inch wide screen display will tax most videocards.
>You need to find out whether that video card can support the native
>resolution of the 24 inch monitor at its native refresh rate. Many video
>cards, even recent PCIe with 256mbs of RAM top out around 1440x900 when
>trying to support widescreen displays. I believe this is because they do not
>have large enough frame buffers to support higher resolutions despite having
>that much RAM.
>Hence one has to buy higher end gaming video cards in order to optimally
>support large monitors even for non-gaming purposes.
>The video card specs are available from ATI.
>Larger monitors are unforgiving of connection problems, hence digital video
>connectors are desirable.

PeeCee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> on the Ati x1650 Pro I read these specs:
>
> Display support
> HDTV compatibility (YPbPr)
> HDMI compliance / HDCP ready
> Dual-Link capabilities: 2
> native display support: 10-bit
> 3D Graphics Resolution: 2560x1600
> TV Out resolution: 1024x768
> Dual Display support: Hydravision 3
>
> Do you think this videocard will support a 24" full HD LCD monitor?
> thanks

Ulixi

What you have to look at is the ability of the Ati x1650 Pro to provide a
display at the 'native' resolution of the 24" LCD.
From what I've seen the Syncmaster has a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,200
pixels, all you have to do is find out if the ATI will output the same.

Driving the Syncmaster with a higher resolution usually results in an 'out
of range error', driving it will a lower resolution eg 800x600 means a fuzzy
display and geting less than what you've paid for.

Paul.

snip