Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Free Adobe Reader 8

Reply
Thread Tools

Free Adobe Reader 8

 
 
Code name 47
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-12-2007

Compatible for both windows XP and Vista

For Download and features...

http://www.freewebs.com/xptip/adobe_8.htm

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Notan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-12-2007
Code name 47 wrote:
> Compatible for both windows XP and Vista
>
> For Download and features...
>
> http://www.freewebs.com/xptip/adobe_8.htm


Or you can do what everyone else in the world has done, and download
it directly from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

--
Notan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Vanguard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-13-2007
"Code name 47" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> Compatible for both windows XP and Vista
>
> For Download and features...
>
> <snipURL>
>



No one needs to get your infected copy. They can get it from the
source: Abobe.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Lopshire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-13-2007
Notan wrote:
> Code name 47 wrote:
>
>>Compatible for both windows XP and Vista
>>
>>For Download and features...
>>
>>hxxp://www.freewebs.com/xptip/adobe_8.htm

>
> Or you can do what everyone else in the world has done, and download
> it directly from Adobe:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html


Or even better still ...

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Ron
 
Reply With Quote
 
Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-13-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>, Code name 47 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Compatible for both windows XP and Vista
>
> For Download and features...
>
> http://www.freewebs.com/xptip/adobe_8.htm
>


did u have to modify your keylogger to get it to work w/ vista in this dl???

or did u use the same keylogger for both vers???



xaogon

 
Reply With Quote
 
David H. Lipman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-13-2007
From: "Ron Lopshire" <(E-Mail Removed)>

|
| Or even better still ...
|
| http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
|
| Ron

I am very happy with with Adobe Rader albeit some consider it "bloated" compared to FoxIt
and many have turned to this alternative.

As an alternative to Adobe Acrobat I have started using the GNU PDF Creator software.

BTW: I sent you email but I received errors and I am pretty sure you didn't receive it.
Please drop me an email.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
David H. Lipman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-13-2007
From: "Code name 47" <(E-Mail Removed)>

|
| Compatible for both windows XP and Vista
|

You have been spamming you web site in many news groups now.

Please stop.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Lopshire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2007
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Ron Lopshire" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> |
> | Or even better still ...
> |
> | http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
> |
> | Ron
>
> I am very happy with with Adobe Rader albeit some consider it "bloated" compared to FoxIt
> and many have turned to this alternative.
>
> As an alternative to Adobe Acrobat I have started using the GNU PDF Creator software.
>
> BTW: I sent you email but I received errors and I am pretty sure you didn't receive it.
> Please drop me an email.


I sent you an email. Anything sent to /notron/ gets dumped, I get
everything else.

I don't create PDFs, and only use them for printing when absolutely
forced. I find the documents themselves to be one of the most abused,
along with Flashcrap, formats on the internet. Here is a perfect example
which I posted in the GRC newsgroups in March.

My wife feeds her dogs a 5.5 oz can of this every morning.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/36s7db

Menu Foods Recall Information
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/

Recalled Dog Product Information
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html

P&G Pet Care Announces Voluntary Participation in Menu Foods’ Nationwide
U.S. and Canadian Recall of Specific Canned and Small Foil Pouch ‘Wet’
Cat and Dog Foods
http://us.eukanuba.com/eukanuba/global/EukanubaNews.htm

Recall List
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yt3vt7

Product Codes - PDF
http://preview.tinyurl.com/365t6j

Now what the heck does all of this have to do with the
technology-related charter of the GRC NGs? It is this:

Would someone please explain to me why the information
contained in the above PDF warrants a 1.5 MB document?

The merger of Adobe and Macromedia was a marriage made in Heaven. Or
Hell. ISTM that many, if not most, of the people using their products
are idiots. Just my 0.02.

Ron
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ertugrul Soeylemez
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2007
Ron Lopshire <(E-Mail Removed)> (07-04-14 14:13:56):

> I don't create PDFs, and only use them for printing when absolutely
> forced. I find the documents themselves to be one of the most abused,
> along with Flashcrap, formats on the internet. Here is a perfect
> example which I posted in the GRC newsgroups in March.
>
> [...]


PDF is a `portable document format'. It makes static paged documents
look the same everywhere without the need to store them as a set of
pictures. It was never intended to be an online format for presenting
web content to the user.


> Would someone please explain to me why the information
> contained in the above PDF warrants a 1.5 MB document?


Nothing. This is like receiving pictures as Powerpoint files. PDF is
just misused for something, which it hasn't been made for. That's not
PDF's fault, it's the user's.


> The merger of Adobe and Macromedia was a marriage made in Heaven. Or
> Hell. ISTM that many, if not most, of the people using their products
> are idiots. Just my 0.02.


Then 95% of all computer users are idiots. Besides PostScript, PDF is a
widely used format for paged presentations, especially in science.


Regards,
Ertugrul Söylemez.


--
From the fact that this CGI program has been written in Haskell, it
follows naturally that this CGI program is perfectly secure.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Lopshire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2007
Ertugrul Soeylemez wrote:

> Ron Lopshire <(E-Mail Removed)> (07-04-14 14:13:56):
>
>>I don't create PDFs, and only use them for printing when absolutely
>>forced. I find the documents themselves to be one of the most abused,
>>along with Flashcrap, formats on the internet. Here is a perfect
>>example which I posted in the GRC newsgroups in March.

>
> PDF is a `portable document format'. It makes static paged documents
> look the same everywhere without the need to store them as a set of
> pictures. It was never intended to be an online format for presenting
> web content to the user.


Except that PDFs only print efficiently on Postscript printers. Gee, do
you think that has anything to do with both being proprietary (at least
to start) technologies of Adobe. [g]

>> Would someone please explain to me why the information
>> contained in the above PDF warrants a 1.5 MB document?

>
> Nothing. This is like receiving pictures as Powerpoint files. PDF is
> just misused for something, which it hasn't been made for. That's not
> PDF's fault, it's the user's.


Of course it is. Ultimately. But whose fault is that really? It all
comes down to Adobe's BS marketing over the years.

"The easiest, fastest way to publish anything on the web."

Give me a break. Morons misuse the PDF format because that is the way
Adobe wants it.

>>The merger of Adobe and Macromedia was a marriage made in Heaven. Or
>>Hell. ISTM that many, if not most, of the people using their products
>>are idiots. Just my 0.02.

>
> Then 95% of all computer users are idiots. Besides PostScript, PDF is a


Of course they are. No argument here. And because of these idiots, I am
forced to used PDF. But Adobe can stick PostScript where the Sun doesn't
shine. I threw my last PostScript printer in the trash 10 years ago.

> widely used format for paged presentations, especially in science.


As I a Ph.D. Analytical Chemist, I know that all too well. Some of the
biggest idiots in the world are scientists. Or pseudo-scientists.

http://junkscience.com/

Many of the scientists that I have known over the years should not be
allowed to touch a computer. [g]

Thanks for playing. PDF still sucks.

http://cavlec.yarinareth.net/archive...why-pdf-sucks/

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030714.html

I am being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here, Ertugrul. That said, I don't
see anything wrong with pointing out the insanities of the world. Still,
nothing will change, of course, because the assholes in marketing won't
allow it. [vbg]

Ron
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Adobe Reader 8 Code name 47 Digital Photography 8 04-17-2007 03:38 PM
Free Adobe Reader 8 Code name 47 Computer Support 1 04-12-2007 08:02 PM
Picasa / Adobe Bridge / Adobe Photoshop Album Starter ? sharjo23 Digital Photography 3 04-24-2006 06:52 PM
Adobe Acrobat & Adobe Reader LAH Computer Support 4 04-11-2005 09:49 PM



Advertisments