Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ API

C++ API

desktop

Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
but have not found anything.

Victor Bazarov

desktop wrote:
> Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
> functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
> but have not found anything.

No, there is no such API. We use manuals for that. And the word you
were looking for is "reflection".

Default User

desktop wrote:

> Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
> functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and
> google but have not found anything.

I find it difficult to believe you found nothing with a google search.
I tried: C++ vector

First hit was:

<http://www.cppreference.com/cppvector/index.html>

Which seems to be a pretty decent reference, although I didn't look at
it extensively.

Brian

Mark P

desktop wrote:
> Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
> functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
> but have not found anything.

Try,

http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/table_of_contents.html
http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/default.aspx?Page=

James Kanze

On Apr 23, 4:37 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> desktop wrote:
> > Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
> > functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
> > but have not found anything.

> No, there is no such API. We use manuals for that. And the word you
> were looking for is "reflection".

It depends on what he's looking for. If it is documentation,
yes: we use manuals (on line or on paper), and so does Java.
And it's not called reflection. If it's runtime, then Java has
reflection (which I've generally heard called introspection
elsewhere), and C++ has no real equivalent. (typeinfo doesn't
give half the information you can get from Java's reflection.)
On the other hand, it's pretty simple to simulate some of the
more frequent uses.