Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Interesting HP Color Printer Technology...

Reply
Thread Tools

Interesting HP Color Printer Technology...

 
 
=\(8\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2007
Take a look at this...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...t-sell-it.html

Sounds interesting.

=(

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gary Eickmeier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2007


=( wrote:
> Take a look at this...
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...t-sell-it.html
>

I just want an Epson 1800.

Gary Eickmeier
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ray
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2007
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:37:38 -0700, =( wrote:

> Take a look at this...
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...t-sell-it.html
>
> Sounds interesting.
>
> =(


You might also look at the new Kodak all-in-ones. They are supposed to use
significantly less ink though it does not sound like quite the same
technology - the kodak units are for sale.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Eddie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2007
ray submitted this idea :
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:37:38 -0700, =( wrote:
>
>> Take a look at this...
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...t-sell-it.html
>>
>> Sounds interesting.
>>
>> =(

>
> You might also look at the new Kodak all-in-ones. They are supposed to use
> significantly less ink though it does not sound like quite the same
> technology - the kodak units are for sale.


I believe the selling point of the Kodak's isn't that they use less
ink, its that Kodak is charging less for the ink than other brands.


 
Reply With Quote
 
=\(8\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2007
"Eddie" <ekirstein*takethispartout*@catskill.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ray submitted this idea :
>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:37:38 -0700, =( wrote:
>>
>>> Take a look at this...
>>>
>>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...t-sell-it.html
>>>
>>> Sounds interesting.
>>>
>>> =(

>>
>> You might also look at the new Kodak all-in-ones. They are supposed to
>> use
>> significantly less ink though it does not sound like quite the same
>> technology - the kodak units are for sale.

>
> I believe the selling point of the Kodak's isn't that they use less ink,
> its that Kodak is charging less for the ink than other brands.
>
>


Shame its' Kodak though.

=(

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pete
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2007
On Apr 23, 1:37 pm, "=\(8\)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Take a look at this...
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-efficient-hig...
>
> Sounds interesting.
>
> =(


Is this a 'photo' printer?

 
Reply With Quote
 
=\(8\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2007
"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Apr 23, 1:37 pm, "=\(8\)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Take a look at this...
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-efficient-hig...
>>
>> Sounds interesting.
>>
>> =(

>
> Is this a 'photo' printer?
>


Yes, just like a color laser printer can print photos. While I don't think
color lasers are acceptable for photo prints. Many think they are. So it is
an each your own type of thing. It is inkjet and not toner based. I think
the idea of a no moving print head the width of the paper is interesting. So
is the laying down of the special layer of whatever to help the ink do its
thing.

=(

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bystander
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2007
In article <462e41c3$0$14122$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"=\(8\)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > On Apr 23, 1:37 pm, "=\(8\)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Take a look at this...
> >>
> >> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-efficient-hig...
> >>
> >> Sounds interesting.
> >>
> >> =(

> >
> > Is this a 'photo' printer?
> >

>
> Yes, just like a color laser printer can print photos. While I don't think
> color lasers are acceptable for photo prints. Many think they are. So it is
> an each your own type of thing. It is inkjet and not toner based. I think
> the idea of a no moving print head the width of the paper is interesting. So
> is the laying down of the special layer of whatever to help the ink do its
> thing.
>
> =(


Actually, the first appearance of Edgeline technology was in a
photokiosk printer HP put out last year, which used six colours -- CMYK
plus light C and light M. Although larger current Edgeline devices all
use CMYK plus bonding agent, it's not hard to add extra print head
arrays, for quality or speed. The Edgeline does a page a second at
present up to US tabloid size, and could run even faster with more print
elements.

I spoke to some HP people a couple of weeks ago -- they say Edgeline
"wants to go upwards", meaning it is unlikely to be used for high
quality low volume printing such as personal level photo-quality
printing. Basically it's similar to old line printers, except instead of
arrays of dozens of little electromechanical hammers it has arrays of
thousands of tiny computer-controlled ink nozzles.

This technology could eventually revolutionise the printing industry --
how would you like glossy magazines printed with continuous tone photos?
Or your own subscriber copy of Time or Newsweek collated to match your
special interests, like Google News?

I seriously think this could be the biggest thing HP has ever done. Not
that it has much direct relevance to rec.photo.digital.
--
Bystander
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting printer has it all.. Peter M NZ Computing 0 02-15-2009 10:32 PM
Changing font color from current font color to black color Kamaljeet Saini Ruby 0 02-13-2009 04:58 PM
Best color printer (photo printer) for a reasonable price Lars Bonnesen Digital Photography 23 01-01-2005 11:06 PM
how to convert color in style "#e6e6e6" to color object in vb.net moondaddy ASP .Net 3 04-28-2004 04:59 AM
Does anyone make a color test card for CRT/printer setup color adjustment ? Al Dykes Digital Photography 8 04-13-2004 01:31 AM



Advertisments