Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good Detail on Last Night's Moon

Good Detail on Last Night's Moon

M-M

This was this was taken with a Nikon Fieldscope 82 and a Coolpix 990.

Note the blown out area- it is necessary in order to get detail in the
shaded area.

I took some shots to better expose the bright area but they were less
interesting.

http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSCN3653w.jpg

--
m-m

Rutger

"M-M" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This was this was taken with a Nikon Fieldscope 82 and a Coolpix 990.
>
> Note the blown out area- it is necessary in order to get detail in the
> shaded area.
>
> I took some shots to better expose the bright area but they were less
> interesting.
>
> http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSCN3653w.jpg
>
> --

Detail is ok, but did you concider to correct the fringe / CA-abberation?
Could easily be done with photoshop.

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager

M-M

In article <462d2724$0$14880$(E-Mail Removed)2.nl>,
"Rutger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSCN3653w.jpg
> >
> > --

> Detail is ok, but did you concider to correct the fringe / CA-abberation?
> Could easily be done with photoshop.

You call that fringe? This is fringe:

http://www.mhmyers.com/cdjpgs/mn60x.jpg

I was so used to tons of it with my old spotting scope that now I don't
notice any of it.

--
m-m