Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Removeable Drive

Removeable Drive

pete

I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
it all worked on XP.
I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
Computer" or Exif Launcher.
Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
Thanks in Advance
Pete

Ron Recer

"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
> it all worked on XP.
> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
> Thanks in Advance
> Pete

I assume you have some type of removable memory card in your camera. Buy
one of the many card readers available for $20 or so. They work like any
other drive once you insert your memory card.

Ron

AustinMN

On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
> it all worked on XP.
> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
> Thanks in Advance

Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.

Austin

Dave Cohen

AustinMN wrote:
> On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
>> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
>> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
>> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
>> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
>> it all worked on XP.
>> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
>> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
>> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
>> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
>> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
>> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
>> Thanks in Advance

> Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
> I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
> shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.
>
> Austin

Look under My Computer in windows explorer. Canon cameras don't assign a
drive letter. Since your model did assign a drive letter it should
still do so, but look here anyway.
Dave Cohen

cgiorgio

"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
> it all worked on XP.
> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
> Thanks in Advance
> Pete

I had a similar problem with a hp photosmart camera. Fortunately the hp
cameras come with software that makes it easy to de-install devices (remove
their entries from the system registry). Hp makes this software available at
the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...item=sj-8527-2

Deinstall all references that have a yellow exclamation mark under Devices /
USB , Storage Volumes, Drives.
Restart Windows
Reconnect your camera
Camera should now be recognized by Windows and the necessary entries in the
registry will probably be written. Once the hardware recognition process is
finished look for your camera in Explorer.

pete

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:58:49 -0500, "Ron Recer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
>> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
>> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
>> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
>> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
>> it all worked on XP.
>> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
>> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
>> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
>> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
>> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
>> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
>> Thanks in Advance
>> Pete

>I assume you have some type of removable memory card in your camera. Buy
>one of the many card readers available for $20 or so. They work like any
>other drive once you insert your memory card.
>
>Ron

That is a Possibility if all else fails.Thanks

pete

On 23 Apr 2007 10:13:26 -0700, AustinMN <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
>> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
>> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
>> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
>> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
>> it all worked on XP.
>> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
>> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
>> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
>> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
>> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
>> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
>> Thanks in Advance

>Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
>I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
>shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.
>
>Austin

Thanks austin all my Drive letters are ok A through to H

pete

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:04:36 GMT, Dave Cohen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>AustinMN wrote:
>> On Apr 23, 10:32 am, pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
>>> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
>>> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
>>> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
>>> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
>>> it all worked on XP.
>>> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
>>> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
>>> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
>>> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
>>> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
>>> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
>>> Thanks in Advance

>> Any chance that it's there, but no longer the "I:" drive? I know when
>> I had a driver problem with my CD burner, all the subsequent drives
>> shifted by one letter "E:" became "D:," "F:" became "E:," etc.
>>
>> Austin
>>

>Look under My Computer in windows explorer. Canon cameras don't assign a
> drive letter. Since your model did assign a drive letter it should
>still do so, but look here anyway.
>Dave Cohen

Thanks for that dave but no joy

pete

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:29:53 +0200, "cgiorgio" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I am Tearing my Hair out with a problem that has now raised it's head.
>> I used to run Windows XP pro, and had no problem whwn connecting my
>> Fuji Finepix S5000 Zoom Camera, the "I " drive would always appear
>> and transfer of pics to the computer was always carried out with No
>> Problem. There was never any software installed for this,
>> it all worked on XP.
>> I now have windows xp pro with SP2.To my horror when connecting the
>> camera the "I" drive fails to appear. I have installed The Fuji
>> Finepix Software and got the XP upgrade from The Fuji Web Site and
>> Install3d that but Still NO "I" drive.This applies when using " My
>> Computer" or Exif Launcher.
>> Can somebody put me out of my Misery and tell me what the cure is.
>> Thanks in Advance
>> Pete

>I had a similar problem with a hp photosmart camera. Fortunately the hp
>cameras come with software that makes it easy to de-install devices (remove
>their entries from the system registry). Hp makes this software available at
>the following link:
>
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...item=sj-8527-2
>
>Deinstall all references that have a yellow exclamation mark under Devices /
>USB , Storage Volumes, Drives.
>Restart Windows
>Reconnect your camera
>Camera should now be recognized by Windows and the necessary entries in the
>registry will probably be written. Once the hardware recognition process is
>finished look for your camera in Explorer.

Did what you suggested but still can't see the camersa