Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > MAC Photo viewer like Irfanview and Faststone ????

MAC Photo viewer like Irfanview and Faststone ????

terry@terryking.us

I have used the various viewers/organizers like Irfanview and
Faststone, ACDsee etc. for years, in conjunction with PhotoShop. Love
that "Hit E and you're working" capability.

Now I'm teaching part time in a High School with mixed MAC and PC.
Photoshop is on all machines, and FastStone on the PC's.

Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT it:
it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....

Please tell me what to look for!

Thanks!!
Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage

M-M

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT it:
> it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
> to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....
>
> Please tell me what to look for!

GraphicConverter. Excellent for slideshow, resizing, converting and a
ton of other stuff.

--
m-m

hellman@stanford.edu

On Apr 16, 11:46 am, M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> GraphicConverter. Excellent for slideshow, resizing, converting and a
> ton of other stuff.

I second the motion (love GraphicConverter for this and some other
uses), but add a caveat: Be sure to buy Hagen's PDF manual with the
program. It's only about $7 or so, is very good, and the PDF manual
that comes with the program is useless.

terry@terryking.us

On Apr 17, 1:33 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:46 am, M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > GraphicConverter. Excellent for slideshow, resizing, converting and a
> > ton of other stuff.

> I second the motion (love GraphicConverter for this and some other
> uses), but add a caveat: Be sure to buy Hagen's PDF manual with the
> program. It's only about $7 or so, is very good, and the PDF manual
> that comes with the program is useless.

Thanks for the info! Question, isthere a 'free' or 'unrestricted'
version??

I'm happy to buy a copy with full features, but I need to load 30
machines with a 'view and organize photos' capability, and have no
school budget for this...

Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage

THO

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> I have used the various viewers/organizers like Irfanview and
> Faststone, ACDsee etc. for years, in conjunction with PhotoShop. Love
> that "Hit E and you're working" capability.
>
> Now I'm teaching part time in a High School with mixed MAC and PC.
> Photoshop is on all machines, and FastStone on the PC's.
>
> Is There (I Hope!) something very similar for MAC?? IPhoto is NOT it:
> it has to import all your photos into its own database! And it hard
> to work on shared folders, which is a must for Yearbook work etc....
>
> Please tell me what to look for!
>
> Thanks!!
> Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage

I've never found a good photo browser for browsing directories like
there are on the PC. I'm sure that someone will follow up my post and
say there is "this browser and that browser on the mac." but all the
ones I have seen are lousy.

Joan

Don't you have Adobe Bridge? If you do, make sure you set the option
for a distributed cache.

--
Joan

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...