Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Twelve 1500mm Fieldscope Images

Twelve 1500mm Fieldscope Images

M-M

These were taken in the space of 1 hr 15 minutes:

http://www.mhmyers.com/fs-d80/index.html

(clicking on any image will bring you to the next one)

--
m-m

Charles Gillen

M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> These were taken in the space of 1 hr 15 minutes:
> http://www.mhmyers.com/fs-d80/index.html

Many seem oversaturated, and I felt would benefit from some extra
sharpening. Were these results the sharpest you could get even with post-
processing and downsizing for the web? Anyhow, nice birds :^)

M-M

In article <Xns9911D28428BC6gillen@216.194.192.13>,
Charles Gillen <gillen@hisdotcom> wrote:

> M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > These were taken in the space of 1 hr 15 minutes:
> > http://www.mhmyers.com/fs-d80/index.html

> Many seem oversaturated, and I felt would benefit from some extra
> sharpening. Were these results the sharpest you could get even with post-
> processing and downsizing for the web? Anyhow, nice birds :^)

I did no post processing on any of them (except to resize down to 25%),
mainly to show what the setup did right out of the camera.

I was impressed with the metering and auto-ISO adjustments to keep the
shutter to 1/125.

I had set the camera to one step up in saturation but I'm not sure I
like that.

---
m-m

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:45:18 -0400, in rec.photo.digital M-M
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <Xns9911D28428BC6gillen@216.194.192.13>,
> Charles Gillen <gillen@hisdotcom> wrote:
>
>> M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > These were taken in the space of 1 hr 15 minutes:
>> > http://www.mhmyers.com/fs-d80/index.html

>> Many seem oversaturated, and I felt would benefit from some extra
>> sharpening. Were these results the sharpest you could get even with post-
>> processing and downsizing for the web? Anyhow, nice birds :^)

>I did no post processing on any of them (except to resize down to 25%),
>mainly to show what the setup did right out of the camera.

Yes, but you do have the camera set to:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/fs-d8...s/dsc_1306.jpg

* Contrast = normal (0)
* Saturation = high (2)
* Sharpness = normal (0)

and so you are blowing out the red channel and therefor losing a bit of
detail in the process.

--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

M-M

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, but you do have the camera set to:
> http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/fs-d8...s/dsc_1306.jpg
>
> * Contrast = normal (0)
> * Saturation = high (2)
> * Sharpness = normal (0)
>
> and so you are blowing out the red channel and therefor losing a bit of
> detail in the process.

Yes, I know. I guess I was reading a bit too much Ken Rockwell.

--
m-m