Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cursor disappeared

Cursor disappeared

Poon Francis

Once in a while, it seemed the cursor would like to play hide-and-seek with
you and no where to be found on window. How to prevent this happening?
advice please!

WhzzKdd

"Poon Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f13i3s$i94$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Once in a while, it seemed the cursor would like to play hide-and-seek
> with you and no where to be found on window. How to prevent this
> happening? advice please!

If this is Window's typical behaviour, it can possibly be altered. Click
Start, then Control Panel, then double-click Mouse. On the Pointer Options
tab, uncheck the box in front of "Hide pointer while typing", or click the
box in front of "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key." The
first one may help you not lose track of the cursor, the second one shows
you where the cursor is.

If this is caused by something else, the above won't help.

Gem

Poon Francis explained :
> Once in a while, it seemed the cursor would like to play hide-and-seek with
> you and no where to be found on window. How to prevent this happening?
> advice please!

you can go into Cntl Panel, Mouse, and there is a setting where you can
click the CNTL key and you will see the mouse cursor on the screen.

Once in a while it can be a memory flash, but the CNTL trick works
good.

John Holmes

Poon Francis "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Once in a while, it seemed the cursor would like to play hide-and-seek
> with you and no where to be found on window. How to prevent this
> happening? advice please!

If you have onboard video plus an additional video card, disable the
onboard chip in the bios.

--
You recalcitrant collection of gross dog ****.

Frosty

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:18:15 +0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Poon
Francis" <(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write something
intelligible, but instead wrote :

>Once in a while, it seemed the cursor would like to play hide-and-seek with
>you and no where to be found on window. How to prevent this happening?
>advice please!

Do you own a cat?