Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Microwave cookers

Re: Microwave cookers

Jim S

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:04:52 GMT, Organic Icecube wrote:

> "Jim S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I will probably end up at Argos as usual as if/when things go wrong, they
>> never quibble. With Currys I had to take the original of the current
>> microwave back on a busy Saturday afternoon and plonk it down in the
>> middle
>> of the shop floor and announce my reasons in a very loud voice. It worked
>> treat, but they lost my custom.

> I'm surprised you had to resort to stentorian tactics at Argos. I've taken
> fairly expensive items back to my local outlet and they've changed or
> credited them with not the slightest quibble. In fact they've not even
> opened the carton to check that I've not put a couple of housebricks inside.
> Maybe we have a softer class of acnied youth here in Yorks.
> )

That's what I said diddle I?
It was Currys that were being difficult!
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Blinky the Shark

Jim S wrote:

> That's what I said diddle I?

When I was a kid in the US midwest in the 1950s, there was a brand of
gasoline called Speedway. (It may have had a number; Speedway 79 comes
to mind.) One TV commercial featured a guy who kept pronouncing it
"speedle way" and another guy correcting him. The punchline was "I
*said* Speedle Way, diddle I?"

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Robb

Blinky the Shark wrote:
>Jim S wrote:
>
>> That's what I said diddle I?

>When I was a kid in the US midwest in the 1950s, there was a brand of
>gasoline called Speedway. (It may have had a number; Speedway 79 comes
>to mind.) One TV commercial featured a guy who kept pronouncing it
>"speedle way" and another guy correcting him. The punchline was "I
>*said* Speedle Way, diddle I?"

Boise, De Moines, or Oshkosh?

--
Robb | Or, "Stinkwater".

Blinky the Shark

Robb wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>Jim S wrote:
>>
>>> That's what I said diddle I?

>>When I was a kid in the US midwest in the 1950s, there was a brand of
>>gasoline called Speedway. (It may have had a number; Speedway 79 comes
>>to mind.) One TV commercial featured a guy who kept pronouncing it
>>"speedle way" and another guy correcting him. The punchline was "I
>>*said* Speedle Way, diddle I?"

> Boise, De Moines, or Oshkosh?

Between Chicago and Detroit.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

@}-}-------Rosee

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> Jim S wrote:
>> That's what I said diddle I?

> When I was a kid in the US midwest in the 1950s, there was a brand of
> gasoline called Speedway. (It may have had a number; Speedway 79 comes
> to mind.) One TV commercial featured a guy who kept pronouncing it
> "speedle way" and another guy correcting him. The punchline was "I
> *said* Speedle Way, diddle I?"

They still exist, in this incarnation....;o)

http://www.speedway.com/

Blinky the Shark

@}-}-------Rosee wrote:
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Jim S wrote:
>>> That's what I said diddle I?

>> When I was a kid in the US midwest in the 1950s, there was a brand of
>> gasoline called Speedway. (It may have had a number; Speedway 79
>> comes to mind.) One TV commercial featured a guy who kept
>> pronouncing it "speedle way" and another guy correcting him. The
>> punchline was "I *said* Speedle Way, diddle I?"

> They still exist, in this incarnation....;o)
>
> http://www.speedway.com/

I'll be damned. I'd say the last time I heard of them was in the
probably early 1960s, when IIRC they were a sponsor of Detroit Tigers
baseball on TV and radio. I live in L.A. now, but I was still in
Michigan until 1981, and sure don't remember them except from when I was
a kid. Thanks for the memories and update, Rosee. I see they're owned
by Marathon - which I also remember ("Best In The Long Run") - now.

Where they operate today.

http://www.speedway.com/Images/Secti...mageHeader.jpg

Hah! I mentioned "Speedway 79".

http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com...flinn/sp79.jpg

That's from an article about gas in that period.

http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/flinn032004.asp

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
>Robb wrote:

<snip>

>> Boise, De Moines, or Oshkosh?

>Between Chicago and Detroit.

Ahh land of Sliders. I'm in the south where Krystals aren't king.. Chi town
is out of my territory so it's probably not in memory. (I'll quit looking!)

--
Robb

Blinky the Shark

Robb wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>Robb wrote:

><snip>
>
>>> Boise, De Moines, or Oshkosh?

>>Between Chicago and Detroit.

> Ahh land of Sliders. I'm in the south where Krystals aren't king.. Chi town
> is out of my territory so it's probably not in memory. (I'll quit looking!)

Never heard of them until I'd left that area.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
>Robb wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>>Robb wrote:

>><snip>

>>>Between Chicago and Detroit.

>> Ahh land of Sliders. I'm in the south where Krystals aren't king.. Chi town
>> is out of my territory so it's probably not in memory. (I'll quit looking!)

>Never heard of them until I'd left that area.

Those square burgers are to food as Nancy Graces shrill whining off-pitch
screaming on CourtTV is to opera.

--
Robb

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Robb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Those square burgers are to food as Nancy Graces shrill whining off-pitch
>screaming on CourtTV is to opera.

Every now and again I'll switch to Nancy Grace just long enough to see
who she's trying to destroy that night, yesterday it was Alec Baldwin.

Certainly nobody to be taken seriously

--

http://interact10ways.com/usa/inform...nteractive.htm