Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > my card reader wont read any memory gards

my card reader wont read any memory gards

VEGA51

HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
ME..........PLZ

SJP

"VEGA51" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
> WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
> I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
> EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
> GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
> THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
> ME..........PLZ

You keyboard also appears to be broken!

SJP

"SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "VEGA51" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
>> WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
>> I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
>> EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
>> GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
>> THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
>> ME..........PLZ
>>

> You keyboard also appears to be broken!

Your

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

VEGA51 wrote:
> HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
> WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
> I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
> EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
> GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
> THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
> ME..........PLZ

Did your friend install the version of XP that came with your laptop?
Similar won't cut, needs to be the same.

You could try deleting card reader from Device Manager and then restart,
see if XP picks it up this time.

Whiskers

On 2007-04-29, VEGA51 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
> WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
> I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
> EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
> GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
> THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
> ME..........PLZ

Please stop shouting.

Visit the website of the maker of your computer and see if they have the
'drivers' for the various components available for download.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

rick

On 28 Apr 2007 22:49:50 -0700, VEGA51 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
>WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
>I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
>EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
>GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
>THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP

You may need drivers for you card reader, if you do, go to the website
the the maker of the card reader

rick