Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus checker

Virus checker

Richard

Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

Ghostrider

Richard wrote:

> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

And then there are AVG, Avast, Kapersky, etc. Read the comments in
the newsgroups, such as this one.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Richard wrote:

> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

D. None of the above.

( http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#av )

--
-bts

PeeCee

news:gm8Yh.206866$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

Experience says the first two are bloated behemoths, reports say the last is
ineffectual.

Most techs will tell you to look at Kaspery, Nod32, AVG, Avast etc

Paul.

Flyer

news:gm8Yh.206866$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

a recent survey in a leading PC magazine put all 3 in the bottom 5 for
fighting virus's. Steganos & Kapersky came out top

P.

Fred37

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:56:38 -0700, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

I am 70.
I bought Kasperky.
I have never had a virus
My children wanted to put me away because I gave my credit card info
to a compamy in Moscow (Kaspersky)
They are the ones who have had viruses (Virii?)
Hahahaha!
Fred

old man

None of them
McAfee & Norton are resource hogs
Live One failed a recent virus test, with abysmal results

news:gm8Yh.206866$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

J. H. Holliday

news:gm8Yh.206866$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

Take a look at the recent reviews in PC Magazine to temper the rants you'll
read here...

Blinky the Shark

J. H. Holliday wrote:
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gm8Yh.206866$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Which is better McAfee, Norton, or Microsoft Windows Live one care?

> Take a look at the recent reviews in PC Magazine to temper the rants you'll
> read here...

PC Mag will love 'em; they're advertisers.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

McFly

Richard,

Either McAfee or Norton (Symantec), if you can get the Corporate
version. Don't even bother getting the personal edition. Other
better alternatives have mentioned by others - AVG, Avast, AntiVir
(these have free versions) / NOD32, Kapersky, BitDefender (only
retail)

-fly-