Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Desktop reboots when printing to HP Network Printer

XP Desktop reboots when printing to HP Network Printer

Chris H

Hey Guys,

Quick question, hopefully has a quick fix

I have one user, that every time she tried to print her computer
reboots...

Computer: Running Windows XP SP2, all windows patches applied
including IE7.
Printer: HP9050DN

I have removed the network printers from her computer, and removed the
actual drivers under the drivers tab under server properties,
rebooted, then reinstalled.

Yet the same thing happens over and over again...

Thank you in advance for your help.

meerkat

"Chris H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hey Guys,
>
> Quick question, hopefully has a quick fix
>
> I have one user, that every time she tried to print her computer
> reboots...
>
> Computer: Running Windows XP SP2, all windows patches applied
> including IE7.
> Printer: HP9050DN
>
> I have removed the network printers from her computer, and removed the
> actual drivers under the drivers tab under server properties,
> rebooted, then reinstalled.
>
> Yet the same thing happens over and over again...
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Go have a look in the Event Viewer.
There might be some errors logged there.

Walter Mautner

Chris H wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> Quick question, hopefully has a quick fix
>
> I have one user, that every time she tried to print her computer
> reboots...
>
> Computer: Running Windows XP SP2, all windows patches applied
> including IE7.
> Printer: HP9050DN
>
> I have removed the network printers from her computer, and removed the
> actual drivers under the drivers tab under server properties,
> rebooted, then reinstalled.
>
> Yet the same thing happens over and over again...
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Turn off "automatic restart on error" (and watch the event viewer, as
already mentioned). You may try to eliminate a resource conflict by
swapping the NIC to another slot if not onboard, or reassign irqs in bios.

Chris H

Unfortunately there arent... I think I may use the XP cd and run the
Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console feature...

cross

so where we get the option of "automatic restart on error" so that i
can uncheck

Walter Mautner

cross wrote:

> so where we get the option of "automatic restart on error" so that i
> can uncheck

Workplace rightclick -> properties -> advanced something. No big deal.