Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Linksys Probelm

Linksys Probelm

Jason

Hello

I have just purchase an linksys wg54 wireless adsl router with broad band
connection, I have one pc running windows 98 so I bought a dlink pci adapter
which I installed the problem is the internet is great the card strength is
about 85% then it just lose the connection to the linksys router the only
way to get it back is to reboot the linksys then reboot the pc which is a
pain the pc is about 20 metres away from the linksys router

any ideas

Cheers

Jack

Try it first while the Router and the computer are close by.

20 meters with obstructions and PCI antenna between the case and the wall
might be a little too much for the Wireless.

If it works ok while the two components are close by you would need a
directional external Antenna on you PCI card.

May be this can Help.

Extending Wireless Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html