Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with bluetooth network.

Help with bluetooth network.

Pablo Fernandez

Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the internet
conection between thems.
Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

Jack

Bluetooth as is, is not Ethernet and thus can not be Network.

There are converters for such a case but they are expensive.

This page describes few options for direct connect.

Direct Connect - http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html

Choose an option and configure the system and use Widows ICS.

Configure ICS - http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

If you have Broadband connection you might be better of with a Cable/DSL
Router solution.

Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing. -
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Pablo Fernandez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the

internet
> conection between thems.
> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/network.html
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/review.asp?pid=455

-PA

"Pablo Fernandez" wrote:
> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the internet
> conection between thems.
> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZW55J3MgTWVhbmllcw==?=

Jack you talk rubbish, pablo don't listen to him... i run two belkin dongles,
networked and sharing printers, internet etc...with no probs....only using
sp2...takes a bit of setting up but not that complicated and is fast enough
for a 1mb broadband......

"Jack" wrote:

> Bluetooth as is, is not Ethernet and thus can not be Network.
>
> There are converters for such a case but they are expensive.
>
> This page describes few options for direct connect.
>
> Direct Connect - http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html
>
> Choose an option and configure the system and use Widows ICS.
>
> Configure ICS - http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
>
> If you have Broadband connection you might be better of with a Cable/DSL
> Router solution.
>
> Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing. -
> http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Pablo Fernandez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the

> internet
> > conection between thems.
> > Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> > Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Qmx1ZXRvb3RoIEphY2tlbA==?=

I would like to do the same, but having trouble getting window xp sp2 to
work, any tips.

Cheers
James

"Pablo Fernandez" wrote:

> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the internet
> conection between thems.
> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

Sandy Spinrad [MSFT]

The Windows XP Bluetooth stack currently only supports having 1 Bluetooth
radio active at a time.

Sandy Spinrad
Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth
------------------------------------

"Bluetooth Jackel" <Bluetooth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to do the same, but having trouble getting window xp sp2 to
> work, any tips.
>
> Cheers
> James
>
> "Pablo Fernandez" wrote:
>
>> Hello, I have two usb bluetooth connectors, and I want to share the
>> internet
>> conection between thems.
>> Anybody has an idea how can this be made?
>> Please It'ts realy important !!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?SmF5?=

i have 2 belkin dongles but my computer can see my laptop but my laptop wont
let me look at my desktop. any ideas?