Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE in India - anyone else done it ?

MCSE in India - anyone else done it ?

Peter \(UK\)

I am looking into doing my 2003 MCSE in India using Keonig
solutions. The cost is about 60% cheaper than in the UK.
Its a 50 day boot camp.

Has anyone else done the course in India ?

Rick

Dont drink the water (Hmm or is that Mexico)

Rick

"Peter (UK)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b4801c46e7b$ce47a0d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am looking into doing my 2003 MCSE in India using Keonig
> solutions. The cost is about 60% cheaper than in the UK.
> Its a 50 day boot camp.
>
> Has anyone else done the course in India ?

JC

Bravery has it's own reward.

Stephen Carter

I didn't do the MCSE but did the CCNA there and spoke to
quite a few people.

The trainers are pretty much the same as anywhere else.
You can get some great ones who are certified trainers
with plenty of real world knowledge, others who are paper
certified trainers (know the books backwards but that's
it), then there's a few who aren't qualified.

Time of year is VERY important. If you go now it will be
very wet and very hot. I went over a couple of months ago
when it was 43-47 degrees cel. during the day and 25-31 at
night, which made it extremely hard to focus. I was fading
by 3pm, would go back to the hotel for a rest, then study
for a couple of hours at night.

Even the regular MCSE boot camp is no picnic. Cramming
for 1 exam per week sucked, with many choosing to extend
their stay by a couple of weeks longer so they could study
for the exams. The fast & extra-fast tracks are insane.
I saw 1 guy who was passing on the fast track (1/2 time).
He was sitting 2 exams per week and was like a sponge
taking up information. If you're not a speed reader &
quick learner you're better off paying a couple hundred
more pounds for the regular course.

They don't use MS training material, and you review for
the exams using Testkings. I was told the Testkings were
so close to the real tests if you studied just those you'd
pass most exams.

The training centre in Delhi is a complete dump, but
functional. You'll never see any outside pictures of that
one on the website, although I've been told the one in the
Himalayas is great and the views are fantastic and well
worth the additional cost if you're thinking of spending a
month over there.

At the Delhi office there were about 30-40 students there,
and about 70% of those stayed in the 3-star Rangoli Hotel.
It was better than I thought. It had a queen bed, fan,
air-con & 75 channel cable tv (about 5 in english).

Personally I wouldn't do it again. If I have the money to
take a month off work, I'll do it myself. But for many
others, a classroom environment may be just what is nedeed
to help them focus on the task at hand so as long as you
go at the right time of year you might find it's the best
thing you even did.

SteveC

both.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>Bravery has it's own reward.

sometimes it pays to be coward!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>They don't use MS training material, and you review for
>the exams using Testkings. I was told the Testkings were
>so close to the real tests if you studied just those you'd
>pass most exams.

oh for f.u.c.k sake.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Ken Briscoe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >They don't use MS training material, and you review for
> >the exams using Testkings. I was told the Testkings were
> >so close to the real tests if you studied just those you'd
> >pass most exams.

> oh for f.u.c.k sake.....

it is real

--

KB - MCNGP "... unfortunately... thug" #26

>> >They don't use MS training material, and you review for
>> >the exams using Testkings. I was told the Testkings were
>> >so close to the real tests if you studied just those you'd
>> >pass most exams.

>> oh for f.u.c.k sake.....

>it is real

I'm going to explode soon