Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Export from BitPim to Outlook?

Export from BitPim to Outlook?

Evan Platt

Trying to export from Bitpim to Outlook - I have about 4 versions of
Outlook and OE. Latest is Outlook 2007.

Trying to export from a phone that can be programmed with bitpim to
one that can't (Samsung SCH-i730).

The problem is this:

If I export to a VCF, Outlook only imports the first record.

If I export a CSV, the way the data is exported is fudged.

There's no consistancy. ie

The third column may have one persons home phone, another persons
mobile number, and someone elses fax number
(ie in column B, for Joe Smith, it may be a fax, but Column B for Bob
Jones is a home number). Of course, there's a column to the right that
says (Home), but that doesn't help.

So what's the easiest way to get the data over to Outlook - or any
possible way to import it on my Samsung i730? I can put it on a SD
card if need be, but there doesn't seem to be any functionality on the
phone to import a file.

Using Windows XP and ActiveSync 4.5.

Thanks.

Export to PDF with google maps + msacces export Maarten Porters Ruby 1 07-28-2008 01:45 PM
Any way to import or export a wireless setting? Al Keniston Wireless Networking 4 11-09-2005 11:38 AM
How to export/import Wireless settings on a domain? Frank Larsen Wireless Networking 0 08-27-2005 11:04 AM
Export/import rules? Jeff Boes Firefox 1 10-30-2003 10:53 PM
Invalid export DLL or export format =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVmFsbGU=?= ASP .Net 0 10-29-2003 11:46 AM

Advertisments