Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Webmail

Reply
Thread Tools

Webmail

 
 
Walney
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
have been sent.

As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?

Many thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
Walney wrote:

> I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
> Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
> have been sent.
>
> As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
> some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?
>
> Many thanks.


You can use Outlook Express to send and receive Googlemail.....it's
independent of any ISP so should you decide to change ISP you don't have to
worry about changing your email address. Yahoo UK is the same. The only
differences between Yahoo UK and Googlemail are a) Googlemail gives you
nearly 3GB of mail storage, whereas Yahoo UK only gives you 1GB b) Yahoo UK
lets you download to more than one pc by leaving a copy on the server,
Googlemail does not.

HTH
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
J. H. Holliday
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
"Walney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
> Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
> have been sent.
>
> As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
> some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?
>
> Many thanks.
>


Unless you have OE set up to only check your email every 13.5 hours, the
problem is likely with the mail server of your ISP or wherever you get your
email from.

Doc


 
Reply With Quote
 
Walney
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
On 20 Apr, 17:04, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Walney wrote:
> > I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
> > Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
> > have been sent.

>
> > As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
> > some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?

>
> > Many thanks.

>
> You can use Outlook Express to send and receive Googlemail.....it's
> independent of any ISP so should you decide to change ISP you don't have to
> worry about changing your email address. Yahoo UK is the same. The only
> differences between Yahoo UK and Googlemail are a) Googlemail gives you
> nearly 3GB of mail storage, whereas Yahoo UK only gives you 1GB b) Yahoo UK
> lets you download to more than one pc by leaving a copy on the server,
> Googlemail does not.
>
> HTH


Thanks very much for the useful information Gordon. Googlemail sounds
very promising. Would you be surprised to hear that my ISP is
TalkTalk?

John

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
Walney wrote:

> On 20 Apr, 17:04, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Walney wrote:
>> > I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
>> > Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
>> > have been sent.

>>
>> > As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
>> > some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?

>>
>> > Many thanks.

>>
>> You can use Outlook Express to send and receive Googlemail.....it's
>> independent of any ISP so should you decide to change ISP you don't have
>> to worry about changing your email address. Yahoo UK is the same. The
>> only differences between Yahoo UK and Googlemail are a) Googlemail gives
>> you nearly 3GB of mail storage, whereas Yahoo UK only gives you 1GB b)
>> Yahoo UK lets you download to more than one pc by leaving a copy on the
>> server, Googlemail does not.
>>
>> HTH

>
> Thanks very much for the useful information Gordon. Googlemail sounds
> very promising. Would you be surprised to hear that my ISP is
> TalkTalk?
>
> John


No, I saw it in your headers....prepare for spam!
 
Reply With Quote
 
pcbutts1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
OE is not your problem, it's your ISP.

--

Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine here http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
The list grows. Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com, David
H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell



"Walney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am having problems with my incoming mail on Outlook Express.
> Several of my emails have been arriving up to 13.5 hours after they
> have been sent.
>
> As I'm considering switching to webmail, could anybody kindly give me
> some pointers as to the pros and cons of, say, Google Mail?
>
> Many thanks.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:44:16 -0700, "pcbutts1"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>OE is not your problem, it's your ISP.


OE IS a problem.
 
Reply With Quote
 
WhzzKdd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-20-2007
"Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:44:16 -0700, "pcbutts1"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>OE is not your problem, it's your ISP.

>
> OE IS a problem.



Well, maybe. But it's not THAT problem <g>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lotus Notes inotes/webmail Ron P Firefox 1 08-31-2007 03:41 PM
The linkbutton file picker for webmail (Hotmail, gmail) file attachments, possible in aspnet? Li-fan Chen ASP .Net 0 03-02-2006 10:01 PM
Can I use Tbird AND webmail?? avalanche Firefox 2 06-28-2005 03:58 AM
Webmail Fernando Chilvarguer ASP .Net 2 06-25-2005 09:28 AM



Advertisments