Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Access Denied when trying to make new folder

Access Denied when trying to make new folder

SheddTec

I have a user, that for some reason, cannot create or delete files or
folders in his home directory on our server. He is authenticating to
AD ok. In security properties, I have explicitly given him Full
Control and unchecked inheriting permissions. He still cannot create
or delete anything. He also cannot create or delete anything in any
folder that has Authenticated Users set with full control. What could
be causing this?

Keme

SheddTec skrev:
> I have a user, that for some reason, cannot create or delete files or
> folders in his home directory on our server. He is authenticating to
> AD ok. In security properties, I have explicitly given him Full
> Control and unchecked inheriting permissions. He still cannot create
> or delete anything. He also cannot create or delete anything in any
> folder that has Authenticated Users set with full control. What could
> be causing this?

- Write protection on the folder (readonly attribute set)
- User has used more disk space than his quota allows
- Disk containing his homedir is full
- Access deny property set (this will override an access grant)

Denying access for a group, and the user being member of that group,
could be the hard-to-find reason...