Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Service Pack 2

Service Pack 2

JRG

When I reformat, and get my updates through Windows/Microsoft Updates, I am
fine until I get to the Service Pack 2 update. After downloading and
restarting, I am unable to connect to the internet. I am in IE6 at this
point. Don't I need SP2 to use IE7? What can be done to eliminate this
problem? Thanks for any helpful advice

GHalleck

JRG wrote:

> When I reformat, and get my updates through Windows/Microsoft Updates, I am
> fine until I get to the Service Pack 2 update. After downloading and
> restarting, I am unable to connect to the internet. I am in IE6 at this
> point. Don't I need SP2 to use IE7? What can be done to eliminate this
> problem? Thanks for any helpful advice

One thing to check is the status of the firewall that comes with SP2.
If active or if in conflict with another firewall in the computer, then
connections to the ISP could be blocked. Microsoft has configured the
enabled default setting of its firewall and the installation does not
check for any other firewall that is up and running.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"JRG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I reformat, and get my updates through Windows/Microsoft Updates, I am
>fine until I get to the Service Pack 2 update. After downloading and
>restarting, I am unable to connect to the internet. I am in IE6 at this
>point. Don't I need SP2 to use IE7? What can be done to eliminate this
>problem? Thanks for any helpful advice

Just download SP2 and run it http://tinyurl.com/5bobl

3D printer in action.
http://tinyurl.com/36ukkt (Youtube.com)