Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer Support Forums : Provided By User: DlSoftware

Computer Support Forums : Provided By User: DlSoftware

why?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:35:44 -0500, Mara wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:50:11 +0100, "DlSoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Main website does not fail validation.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
>HTML Validator result
>----------------------
>http://forums.dlsoftware.net/
>
>line 1 column 1 - Warning: missing <!DOCTYPE> declaration
>line 1 column 1 - Warning: <!DOCTYPE> isn't allowed after elements
>line 7 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <html>
>line 8 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <head>

Must be the principle, 2 heads are better than 1

******<head>
<!--
a{text-decoration:none}
//-->
******<head>
<META name="verify-v1"
content="8PEdnC/76fi9InriyfFxUYngetIhNSFtIza5BmNdaUU=">

>line 258 column 139 - Warning: unescaped & which should be written as &amp;
>line 339 column 126 - Warning: unescaped & which should be written as &amp;
>line 366 column 125 - Warning: unescaped & which should be written as &amp;

I Like it, so much of that is easy to fix.

<snip, a big one>

This at the end is a good one, from a raw page fetch

0

Me

DlSoftware

The validation errors you saw were by <!-- Web-Analiser Pro --> nothing to
do with my website it'self if you bothered to look properly.

"DlSoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hope this isn't breaking any rules Guys/Gals,
> Just today, i've started to post comments in the bt newsgroups and love
> the idea of helping other users benefit from computer support!
>
> I run some forums and thought id spread the word if alright with the users
> here within the BT 24 Hour Support. Helpdesk.
>
> My forums are located at http://forums.dlsoftware.net and are there for
> two purposes one for computer users and the other being for webmasters.
>
> Need more information, please let me know.
> PS: Again i'm sorry if this is against the terms and conditions of these
> newsgroups.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

DlSoftware wrote:

> The validation errors you saw

Who saw? You replied to yourself.

> were by <!-- Web-Analiser Pro --> nothing to
> do with my website it'self if you bothered to look properly.

It's your web site; you are responsible for all the errors, no matter
what "tool" you used to create it.

Stop top-posting.

--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:19:25 +0100, "DlSoftware"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The validation errors you saw were by <!-- Web-Analiser Pro --> nothing to
>do with my website it'self if you bothered to look properly.

You seem to top post and reply to yourself.

Certainly not things that tell me you know your ass from a hole in the
ground when it comes to computers.

And your above statement confirms it. You're an idiot.

why?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:19:25 +0100, DlSoftware wrote:

>The validation errors you saw were by <!-- Web-Analiser Pro --> nothing to
>do with my website it'self if you bothered to look properly.

No it's not, there are 2 <head> at the top the Web-Analiser stuff is
much further down, lines (approx) 270 and 300.

Then stuff like
<META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">

or this
//-->

That's wrong, then there are the td nowrap's scattered about which are
deprecated in 4.01 anyway, even allowing for transitional.

An invisible link
<a name="top"></a>

Interesting mix of

>"DlSoftware" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hope this isn't breaking any rules Guys/Gals,
>> Just today, i've started to post comments in the bt newsgroups and love
>> the idea of helping other users benefit from computer support!
>>
>> I run some forums and thought id spread the word if alright with the users
>> here within the BT 24 Hour Support. Helpdesk.
>>
>> My forums are located at http://forums.dlsoftware.net and are there for
>> two purposes one for computer users and the other being for webmasters.
>>
>> Need more information, please let me know.
>> PS: Again i'm sorry if this is against the terms and conditions of these
>> newsgroups.

Mara

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:30:52 GMT, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz>
wrote:

<snip>
>Interesting mix of

ObQuirk!

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Evan Platt

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:30:52 GMT, why?

>Interesting mix of

I doubt the OP hand coded any of the website. Probably used 4
different free authoring programs.

The Old Sourdough

On 2007-04-16, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Mara waxed eloquently:
snip

> The guy's a wingnut. It's the only explanation for the outpouring of cow manure
> from his fingers.
>
>>snip

He's a wingnut, for sure, and crossthreaded, to boot.

--
The Old Sourdough
When the cup is full, carry it level.

why?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:56:49 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:30:52 GMT, why?
>
>>Interesting mix of

>I doubt the OP hand coded any of the website. Probably used 4
>different free authoring programs.

That sort of shows in the mess it is

Me

DlSoftware

think about it would a free authoring program make that kind of mistake? you
must be a child not to think that through. ContraDICKted yourself.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:30:52 GMT, why?
> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>
>>Interesting mix of

> I doubt the OP hand coded any of the website. Probably used 4
> different free authoring programs.

Using thread support provided by c++0x on cygwin. mangesh sawant C++ 2 02-13-2011 09:12 PM
Supr.forums web forums stevene C++ 1 01-31-2007 05:46 AM
Is headless support provided? =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW5uZSBTdMO2aHI=?= Windows 64bit 5 10-26-2006 04:37 PM
Support -- Forums/Blogs/Tips n' Tricks/Tutorials/Chat/ETC csheppard91@gmail.com DVD Video 0 11-20-2005 06:19 PM
ASP.NET Forums 2 NNTP support ? Andrei Dumitrache ASP .Net 0 05-27-2004 08:20 AM

Advertisments