Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't Shutdown Nero when it hangs

Can't Shutdown Nero when it hangs

GM

Nero 6 works okay pretty much of the time but occassionally it hangs
up. When I then try to close the program using the task manager, it
doesn't work. Nothing closes it unless I reboot. Is there a program
out there that forces any program to close, even if Task Manger can't
do it? Thanks.

George

Aardvark

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:51:15 -0400, GM wrote:

> Nero 6 works okay pretty much of the time but occassionally it hangs
> up. When I then try to close the program using the task manager, it
> doesn't work. Nothing closes it unless I reboot. Is there a program
> out there that forces any program to close, even if Task Manger can't
> do it? Thanks.
>
> George

I find that threatening the computer with a 24-ounce claw hammer
occasionally keeps it behaving well.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

Kenny

EndItAll, that's a program, not a suggestion.

http://www.docsdownloads.com/Tier1/enditall.htm

--

Kenny
"GM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nero 6 works okay pretty much of the time but occassionally it hangs
> up. When I then try to close the program using the task manager, it
> doesn't work. Nothing closes it unless I reboot. Is there a program
> out there that forces any program to close, even if Task Manger can't
> do it? Thanks.
>
> George

thanatoid

GM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Nero 6 works okay pretty much of the time but occassionally
> it hangs up. When I then try to close the program using the
> task manager, it doesn't work. Nothing closes it unless I
> reboot. Is there a program out there that forces any
> program to close, even if Task Manger can't do it? Thanks.
>
> George

IMHO Nero is a totally incomprehensible and illogical bloated
pig. The only useful things are a couple of the utilities in the
Toolkit, like if you want to find out who REALLY made your CD-R
(not that there aren't any other programs - free - that will let
you do it as well...).

I have paid for, use and recommend CDRWin from
www.goldenhawk.com

If you want to stick with Nero, try this program to help with
the hangs:

http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

I use a fairly old version, but I believe it is still shareware
with a few minor functions disabled unless you register.

There are a few things it will sometimes not be able to kill
(mostly to do with Windows printing - what a joy THAT is) but
you'll just have to find out for yourself.

GM

Thanks to all!