Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > replaced os

replaced os

ejohnson1910@yahoo.com

I replaced xp with 2000 and now i can't find an ethernet or pci
communications controller driver.

PLEASE HELP

Parko

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:09:36 -0700, ejohnson1910 wrote:

> I replaced xp with 2000 and now i can't find an ethernet or pci
> communications controller driver.
>
> PLEASE HELP

You're buggered then, without motherboard chipset drivers.

--
To err err err is Molly Meldrum,to moo bovine.

Evan Platt

On 14 Apr 2007 21:09:36 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I replaced xp with 2000 and now i can't find an ethernet or pci
>communications controller driver.
>
>PLEASE HELP

Google for a ethernet and pci driver with the manufacturers name.

philo

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I replaced xp with 2000 and now i can't find an ethernet or pci
> communications controller driver.
>
> PLEASE HELP

Win2k drivers will be avail from the manufacturer's website
or from www.driverguide.com

you can use hwinfo32 (google for it) to identifiy the devices if you don't
know the mfg

Vanguard

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I replaced xp with 2000 and now i can't find an ethernet or pci
> communications controller driver.

You didn't install the Windows XP, did you? That's why you don't know
how to install Windows 2000. Now you get to hunt down the drivers
needed to support the hardware that someone did for you for the Windows
XP install.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm