Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > .msi installer

.msi installer

Becky Turner

I have been trying to write a batch file for my network to install MS
updates in "quiet"
and "passive" mode. I've been able to get the hotfixes to work, but am
having trouble with the .msi installers (msxml.msi for XML 4 to be exact).

I have been on MS' website and found the command switches, but the syntax
for .msi keeps coming back "specified file not found".

Can someone help? What am I missing? I am using WXP Pro. Also, does anyone
know the switches for Office XP updates?

Kat

If you got the switches from MS website, Im betting it's correct. Send the
line of code you're having trouble with, for more help.

Kat
"Becky Turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g_FJc.8949$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have been trying to write a batch file for my network to install MS
> updates in "quiet"
> and "passive" mode. I've been able to get the hotfixes to work, but am
> having trouble with the .msi installers (msxml.msi for XML 4 to be exact).
>
> I have been on MS' website and found the command switches, but the syntax
> for .msi keeps coming back "specified file not found".
>
> Can someone help? What am I missing? I am using WXP Pro. Also, does

anyone
> know the switches for Office XP updates?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Neil

"Becky Turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:g_FJc.8949$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> I have been trying to write a batch file for my network to install MS
> updates in "quiet"
> and "passive" mode. I've been able to get the hotfixes to work, but
> am having trouble with the .msi installers (msxml.msi for XML 4 to be
> exact).

has XML4 your answers...

for the office XP

--