Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Linking Private Address in Google Calendar to a Gmail e-mail Link: Error code.

Linking Private Address in Google Calendar to a Gmail e-mail Link: Error code.

Gamersez@gmail.com

Example:

* Work Schedule

I use the HTML generated Private Address URL in Google Calendar (in
settings > calendar details) and hyperlink it to "Work Schedule".

Then, e-mailing myself (to check if the URL is accurate0 and clicking
upon "Work Schedule" I receive an error code:
"Invalid calendar id: 15dnth2k05hrcgblv8gbrh3aeg
%40group.calendar.google.com" for example

As far as I can ascertain, when I add the Private Address URL to the
Link feature in Gmail, extra addressing is added:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...66519252fd1cb8

Now compare compare the extra letters and numbers it to the original

Notice the difference?

[Both hyperlinks are examples modified from actual calendar
addresses.]

This is befuddling. I suspect only Google may know why extra
addressing is added, and how to fix this...unless someone else has had
this problem and knows why...

Here are my questions:
- Can someone please explain to me why extra addressing is added when
I use the Link feature in Gmail? Is there anyway for me to be neat and
tidy using the Gmail Link feature without having to add the really
long URL from Google Calendar?
- Where can I make suggestions to the Gmail Team at Google?

why?

On 13 Apr 2007 22:27:37 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Example:
>
>* Work Schedule
>
>I use the HTML generated Private Address URL in Google Calendar (in
>settings > calendar details) and hyperlink it to "Work Schedule".
>
>Then, e-mailing myself (to check if the URL is accurate0 and clicking
>upon "Work Schedule" I receive an error code:
>"Invalid calendar id: 15dnth2k05hrcgblv8gbrh3aeg
>%40group.calendar.google.com" for example
>
>As far as I can ascertain, when I add the Private Address URL to the
>Link feature in Gmail, extra addressing is added:
>http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...66519252fd1cb8
>
>Now compare compare the extra letters and numbers it to the original
>
>Notice the difference?

You wouldn't like to do anything really thoughtless and point out the
difference without expecting anyone to read through all of that and
compare it character at a time would you.

No maybe not you want help but ask for others to do more work.

>[Both hyperlinks are examples modified from actual calendar
>addresses.]
>
>This is befuddling. I suspect only Google may know why extra
>addressing is added, and how to fix this...unless someone else has had

I suspect that where you totally misuse the 'extra addressing' if you
thought it wasn't extra addressing then you may actually see what's
happened.

>this problem and knows why...
>
>Here are my questions:
>- Can someone please explain to me why extra addressing is added when
>I use the Link feature in Gmail? Is there anyway for me to be neat and

You mean the 25?

If it's URL encoding then try,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

Oddly enough without seeing it I can't be bothered to go through the
process you did, %25 in hex
http://www.asciitable.com/
is the URL encoding for a '%' percent sign.

This makes %40 become %2540 , i.e. the <url encoded %>40

>tidy using the Gmail Link feature without having to add the really
>long URL from Google Calendar?

Ah well that you can see from lots of posts in 24hshd
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics

http://tinyurl.com/
Welcome to TinyURL!
Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent
causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then
you've come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field
below, we will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings
and never expires.

>- Where can I make suggestions to the Gmail Team at Google?

Maybe this is wrong, but it couldn't be this simple?

http://gmail.google.com
About Google Mail -
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html
Gmail Help Center -
(It really can't be anything to do with Help, can it?)
http://mail.google.com/support/?ctx=about
Suggest a feature
Got a feature suggestion for Gmail? Let us know.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/r...t_type=suggest

ME

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>>Notice the difference?

>You wouldn't like to do anything really thoughtless and point out the
>difference without expecting anyone to read through all of that and
>compare it character at a time would you.
>
>No maybe not you want help but ask for others to do more work.

Tabbed widows it kinda jumps at you when you select back and froth.
@ is replaced by %40

No help here.
--

http://www.neave.com/imagination/