Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > service pack 2 save to disc

service pack 2 save to disc

soylentgreen

I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However
when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.

Thank You

JANA

Start at the link below. You may have to buy the SP2 distribution CD from
MS. But, I am not 100% sure on this. I did not have the time to explore
the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

--

JANA
_____

"soylentgreen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4FTh.13629$(E-Mail Removed) k...
I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However
when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.

Thank You

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

soylentgreen wrote:
> I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
> are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However
> when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
> SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.

One of six hundred and twenty seven trillion links for SP2:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/securit...-security.html

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

JANA wrote:
> Start at the link below. You may have to buy the SP2 distribution CD from
> MS. But, I am not 100% sure on this. I did not have the time to explore
> the link below.

How about me and you going out and tripping the light fandango? You can
wear a genuine seal fur coat and stainless steel chastity belt, I'll
wear a beaver hat and two toned wing tipped shoes. We can recreate the
heroin overdose scene from Pulp Fiction. Up for it?

Milhouse Van Houten

Rgr wrote:

>JANA wrote:
>> Start at the link below. You may have to buy the SP2 distribution CD from
>> MS. But, I am not 100% sure on this. I did not have the time to explore
>> the link below.

>How about me and you going out and tripping the light fandango? You can
>wear a genuine seal fur coat and stainless steel chastity belt, I'll
>wear a beaver hat and two toned wing tipped shoes. We can recreate the
>heroin overdose scene from Pulp Fiction. Up for it?

Sure, you provide the dope though - I'm broke.

Milhouse Van Houten

soylentgreen wrote:

>I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as they
>are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it. However
>when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already got
>SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.
>
>Thank You

Get the network version and slipstream it to your install cd.

I made a slipstream copy of XP2 from the first XP CD ever made back in
the day (and XP1 before that). Gaggle it ya mook.

WhzzKdd

"soylentgreen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4FTh.13629$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as
>they are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it.
>However when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have
>already got SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.
>
> Thank You

DON'T download things like this from places other than the SOURCE. You have
no idea what may have happened to it along the way.

Here's the Microsoft download link:

Neal Weissman

Soylent, do this newbie a favor: what does "slipstream" mean, and how's it
accomplished? and what is the 'network version'?

thanks

--

--Fool On The Hill
"Milhouse Van Houten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> soylentgreen wrote:
>
>>I want to download service pack 2 and save it to a disc for a friend as
>>they
>>are only on dial up and it would take them for ever downloading it.
>>However
>>when I go to download, it says on the Microsoft site that I have already
>>got
>>SP installed which is the case. How do I get round this.
>>
>>Thank You
>>

> Get the network version and slipstream it to your install cd.
>
> I made a slipstream copy of XP2 from the first XP CD ever made back in
> the day (and XP1 before that). Gaggle it ya mook.

Sunny

Slipstreaming SP2 : (A bit iffy if you only have an OEM CD from the larger manufacturers, like Dell - HP etc.

Download it from here :
Explanations available here :
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html