Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anyone recognize this exe?

Anyone recognize this exe?

ellis_jay

MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

--
When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
welcome witnesses.

Ellis_Jay

WhzzKdd

"ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

That's not a valid MS knowledge base number. Are you sure you copied it
correctly?

WhzzKdd

"ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> WhzzKdd wrote:
>> "ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe
>>>

>> That's not a valid MS knowledge base number. Are you sure you copied
>> it correctly?

> Nothing from Google, either, my man. I copied correctly. AVG quarantined
> it to the vault and whatever it was I have dealt with it.

Yeah - I'd have to agree with AVG - crapware of some sort.

> Do you see my
> post about Zone Alarm update and AVG problem? Trojans of some sort-and
> now
> gone. One trojan may be a false positive and one may not be false. Info
> copied form the vault below:

I get so tired of all this junk. It really ****es me off that people write
this kind of crap software. Why can't they get a job, pay their taxes,
contribute to the general good of society?

ellis_jay

WhzzKdd wrote:
> "ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe
>>

> That's not a valid MS knowledge base number. Are you sure you copied
> it correctly?

Nothing from Google, either, my man. I copied correctly. AVG quarantined
it to the vault and whatever it was I have dealt with it. Do you see my
post about Zone Alarm update and AVG problem? Trojans of some sort-and now
gone. One trojan may be a false positive and one may not be false. Info
copied form the vault below:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

C:\Documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content/IE5\ZDXZME2H\cnte-oiduuyes[1].gif

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\HGQHP.EXE

I believe one trojan may have originated from:

85.255.112.0/20 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List (SBL)

05-Mar-2007 10:42 GMT | SR04

inhoster.com / "Fast web hosting" / esthost.com

One /24 via Pilosoft, the rest via Email at Atrivo/InterCage.

Found a block at NAC.net and 2 at The Planet.

______________

inetnum: 85.255.112.0 - 85.255.127.255
netname: inhoster
descr: Inhoster hosting company
descr: OOO Inhoster, Poltavskij Shliax 24, Kharkiv, 61000, Ukraine

Possibly from a contact in myspace domain. As for the other being a false
positive for Zone Alarm, I will wait and see. Nothing showed up or appeared
in Grisoft virus vault overnight. Weird.

--

When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
the trouble. ___John Steinbeck

Ellis_Jay

Tester

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:54:21 -0500, "ellis_jay"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

If you're suspicious, try

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

That submits a file to 16 different viruss scanners. There are other
similar pages.

ellis_jay

Tester wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:54:21 -0500, "ellis_jay"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> MS_update_0704_KB74073.exe

> If you're suspicious, try
>
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/
>
> That submits a file to 16 different viruss scanners. There are other
> similar pages.

I have used jotti in the past. I have removed the thing-for now. It was in
the quarantine vault and I really do not know how to submit to jotti
anything from that location. I did scan with Kaspersky on line (full scan)
and ASquared last night and both came back clean. Although I do not think
either scanner could scan that vault-empty as it is-anyway.
But thanx.

(AVG'S last scan was clean and vault empty)