Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE 7 has irregular white space at the tops of certain pages?

IE 7 has irregular white space at the tops of certain pages?

elzool

In IE 7, some of my pages are displaying white space at the top of the
page when they load. If you switch to a different tab and then switch
back, they appear fine. Just the initial loading is goofy. Some pages
show more than others and I cannot seem to figure out why.

Two examples:
http://labsysgrp.com/contact_us.php
http://labsysgrp.com/newsletters_archived.htm

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

elzool wrote:

> In IE 7, some of my pages are displaying white space at the top of the
> page when they load. If you switch to a different tab and then switch
> back, they appear fine. Just the initial loading is goofy. Some pages
> show more than others and I cannot seem to figure out why.
>
> Two examples:
> http://labsysgrp.com/contact_us.php
> http://labsysgrp.com/newsletters_archived.htm

I would ask the maker of your template. There is a lot of conditional
coding in there, and likely most of it is unnecessary.

Visit the validator as well.

> Anyone have any thoughts?

You should rewrite the newsletter_archived page to inform your readers
that there are many non-bloated PDF readers available. For example:
http://foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

--
-bts

elzool

Ok... more information

It appears to place the white space at the top once the body (id="c2")
section of page exceeds a certain length. As long as it does not go
past that length, the page is fine.

This page http://labsysgrp.com/au.htm is my tester.

Good thing I got a haircut yesterday so I don't have as much of a mess
to clean up after I tear my hair out.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:58:16 -0700, elzool <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In IE 7, some of my pages are displaying white space at the top of the
>page when they load. If you switch to a different tab and then switch
>back, they appear fine. Just the initial loading is goofy. Some pages
>show more than others and I cannot seem to figure out why.
>
>Two examples:
>http://labsysgrp.com/contact_us.php
>http://labsysgrp.com/newsletters_archived.htm
>
>Anyone have any thoughts?
>
>Thanks!

elzool

I am using this page to test with at this point.
http://labsysgrp.com/au2.htm

I detatched it from the template, validated it, it passes.

The problem appears to be the length of the page... I just haven't
figured out what the problem is yet.

Thanks for the pointer on the pdf reader, I doubt my employer will go
for it, but you never know.