Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > mcse Exam - please

mcse Exam - please

webuser8

Seems to be a junk discusion group. It will be nice if someone could
contribute like answering some technical questions like

what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?

& stop talking junk - post something useful for everyone
thanks

Techie

take a long walk off a short pier. Stop posting useless junk yourself and go
ready a book if you know how.

--
Techie
MCNGP #21
"webuser8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seems to be a junk discusion group. It will be nice if someone could
> contribute like answering some technical questions like
>
> what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?
>
> & stop talking junk - post something useful for everyone
> thanks

Neil

"webuser8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40f50e68
@dnews.tpgi.com.au:

> what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?

WINS = NetBIOS resolution
DNS = Host name resolution
DHCP = Dynamic IP address assignment

and no I will not tell you more...

because this is NG is about "certification" (hence it's name) so if you
don't know these BASIC ITEMS!!! the exit is that was --------------->

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doom

"webuser8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seems to be a junk discusion group. It will be nice if someone could
> contribute like answering some technical questions like
>
> what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?
>
> & stop talking junk - post something useful for everyone
> thanks

Look that up yourself. Why the hell should we spoon feed you info. BTW if
someone asks an intelligent question it will get answered intelligently.

kpg

> what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?

Yeah, I always wanted to know that too.

I have a similar question:

What is the difference between your a$$ and a hole in the ground?

(Oh, sorry, you don't know that either)

kp "<insert witty comment here>" g

JaR

webuser8 wrote:

> Seems to be a junk discusion group. It will be nice if someone could
> contribute like answering some technical questions like
>
> what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?
>
> & stop talking junk - post something useful for everyone
> thanks

If you consider that question "technical", you don't belong here anyway.
Maybe try microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics

JaR

webuser8

At least someone post some useful stuff.
It is possible to intergrate DNS onto Active Directory

news:Xns952650BCB2778neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "webuser8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40f50e68
> @dnews.tpgi.com.au:
>
> > what is the difference between WINS and DNS or DHCP?

> WINS = NetBIOS resolution
> DNS = Host name resolution
> DHCP = Dynamic IP address assignment
>
> and no I will not tell you more...
>
> because this is NG is about "certification" (hence it's name) so if you
> don't know these BASIC ITEMS!!! the exit is that was --------------->
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30
> Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Neil

"webuser8" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> At least someone post some useful stuff.
> It is possible to intergrate DNS onto Active Directory

do you READ at all, do you need to be spoon fed everything?

yes in certain situations it can. LOSER! Now go get a demo copy of
Windows 2003 and figure this stuff out for yourself and if you are going
to ask lamer questions, try microsoft.public.win2000.networking or read
the help files. try google or just do the needful...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Mark Mayer

I agree with you 100%. There is a lot of junk on this
site. I hope to be the rose among thorns...

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) provides
Automatic TCP/IP addresses from a range specified address
in the datbase on the DHCP Server (can be any server you
decide, it can be a multiple task server) used on your
internial network (you set up the range when you
configure the Server)

WINS (Windows Internet Naming System) changes NETBIOS
Names to TCP/IP addresses (i.e. Microsoft.com
207.46.130.10 Used with older Operating Systems (NT,
WIN 9X, etc)

DNS (Domain Name System) allows you to find a server (or
printer, or folder on someone elses computer) without
knowing the IP address. The standard setup
is "//server/folder/file"

Hope this helps.
Mark

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

Mark Mayer wrote:
> I agree with you 100%.

Yabbut what's the passing mark?

> There is a lot of junk on this site.

You're on a site?

> I hope to be the rose among thorns...

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
And you, it's only seed

It's the heart, afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream, afraid of waking
That never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul, afraid of dying
That never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love, in the spring
Becomes the rose

--
Fris "With apologies to Breast Midler" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.tk

Certaholics