Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > creating a variable file name

creating a variable file name

Dave Kelly

At the website and this first attempt, I would like the name of the data
file created with this form to be derived from 2 of the input lines.
How do I do this in HTML?

http://www.texasflyfishers.org/firstpage.htm

I would like to use the information from 'personal guide' and 'date of
report'.
--
A little rum in the morning coffee. Just to clear the cobwebs, ya know.

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2007-04-15, Dave Kelly wrote:
> At the website and this first attempt, I would like the name of the data
> file created with this form to be derived from 2 of the input lines.
> How do I do this in HTML?

You cannot do it in HTML; HTML is not a programming language.

Your form has to be submitted to a script (it can be in any
language; I'm sure you can guess what I use) that processes the
information.

> http://www.texasflyfishers.org/firstpage.htm
>
> I would like to use the information from 'personal guide' and 'date of
> report'.

========= Do not reply to the From: address; use Reply-To: ========
Author:

Dave Kelly

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> You cannot do it in HTML; HTML is not a programming language.

I think I knew this all the time, I was just hoping something new had
developed.

Thanks for your reply
Dave

--
A little rum in the morning coffee. Just to clear the cobwebs, ya know.