Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Adding a link to download a file.

Adding a link to download a file.

Rob

You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.

You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
computer.

I would like to know how to do that.

Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

Jonathan N. Little

Rob wrote:
> You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.
>
> You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
> computer.
>
> I would like to know how to do that.
>
> Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

someFileToDownload</a>

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Rob

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.
>>
>> You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
>> computer.
>>
>> I would like to know how to do that.
>>
>> Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

> someFileToDownload</a>

Thanks but did not work.

Ray_June_cards.MOV</a>

Jonathan N. Little

Rob wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Rob wrote:
>>> You know when you go to a site that has software or large files.
>>>
>>> You press a button or click on a link to download a file on to your
>>> computer.
>>>
>>> I would like to know how to do that.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me please or at least tell me where to look.

>> someFileToDownload</a>
>>

> Thanks but did not work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Ray_June_cards.MOV</a>

Ah, www.example.com is just that, the proper way to specify an example
domain, you have to substitute *your* domain name there. You do have web
hosting right? (You cannot host a party at your apartment until you rent
an apartment!)

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

>>> someFileToDownload</a>
>>>

>> Thanks but did not work.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>> Ray_June_cards.MOV</a>

> Ah, www.example.com is just that, the proper way to specify an example
> domain, you have to substitute *your* domain name there. You do have web
> hosting right? (You cannot host a party at your apartment until you rent
> an apartment!)

Thanks for that.

I deliberately swapped my domain name for www.example.com (I did not
want to send an army of spambots to my site)

When I clicked on the link on the web server I got a blank white
background with the blue Quick Time "Q" appeared. It was as if it was
trying to play the file. I must have missed a space or something.

Jonathan N. Little

Rob wrote:

> When I clicked on the link on the web server I got a blank white
> background with the blue Quick Time "Q" appeared. It was as if it was
> trying to play the file. I must have missed a space or something.

Or you have your browser set to play MOV files. Just right-click and
slect to save the file to hard drive

--
Take care,

Jonathan