Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Images and aligning

Images and aligning

UKuser

Hi Folks,

Having a major annoying problem. I have a top strip which is say 15px
high and have an image which I want to overflow the line into the next
div/span etc below.

Firefox does it perfectly, I.E. forces the span containing the image
to the images height.

Another posting somewhere else suggesting setting the image to
display:block but that doesnt work.

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Thanks

Els

UKuser wrote:

> Having a major annoying problem. I have a top strip which is say 15px

[snip]
> Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Well, you could read replies to your first post of course, I'd say
that's the first thing you should try really.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Vertically Aligning Images within a <div> Marc Bradshaw HTML 18 09-17-2008 03:35 PM
images and text not aligning tshad ASP .Net 1 09-16-2008 04:13 PM
aligning bg images in css - opera and ie issue badstyle HTML 4 12-18-2003 11:11 AM
image and aligning text shank HTML 0 10-03-2003 04:24 PM
Aligning Lists and Netscape 7.02 Mike Novak HTML 2 07-14-2003 11:38 PM

Advertisments