Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > problem running a struts exercise

problem running a struts exercise

ros

Hello,

I am studying SAMS Teach Yourself JSP in 21 days and this book has a
chapter on Struts. The book comes with sample code and I tried running
the code on this chapter on Struts in Tomcat 5.5.16.

The application is fairly simple but I get this error when I try to
run it:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
TagExtraInfo class: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handle JspException(JspServletWrapper.java:
510)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:
375)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:
314)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:264)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)

Can anybody please explain what this error means and how to fix it?

Thanks
Ros

Richard Senior

ros wrote:

> I am studying SAMS Teach Yourself JSP in 21 days and this book has a
> chapter on Struts. The book comes with sample code and I tried running
> the code on this chapter on Struts in Tomcat 5.5.16.
>
> The application is fairly simple but I get this error when I try to
> run it:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
> TagExtraInfo class: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei

Looks like it can't find the Struts Bean tag library. This lives in the
struts-taglib-x.y.z.jar file (where x.y.z) is the version of Struts you
are using, e.g. 1.3.8.

Where did you put the Struts jar files? In WEB-INF/lib or in Tomcat's
shared/lib directory? Have a look at this:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_...version.org%3E

Regards,

Richard