Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > PostgreSQL JDBC question

PostgreSQL JDBC question

Martin Gregorie

Quick and obvious question:

Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?

This is not, apparently, documented in the java.sql package javadocs,
the Postgres JDBC docs or the Postgres 8.1.8 manual. Leastways, a fairly
careful search in the obvious parts of these documents didn't turn up
anything.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> Quick and obvious question:
>
> Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?

It is the closest match, so I would say yes.

Arne

Tarkin

On Apr 27, 3:59 pm, Martin Gregorie <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Quick and obvious question:
>
> Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?
>
> This is not, apparently, documented in the java.sql package javadocs,
> the Postgres JDBC docs or the Postgres 8.1.8 manual. Leastways, a fairly
> careful search in the obvious parts of these documents didn't turn up
> anything.
>
> --
> martin@ | Martin Gregorie
> gregorie. | Essex, UK
> org |

http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/databases/postgresql.html

Concurs w/ Arne.

HTH,
Tarkin
(ps apologies if this posts twice; my interface is hiccuping)

Martin Gregorie

Tarkin wrote:
> On Apr 27, 3:59 pm, Martin Gregorie <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Quick and obvious question:
>>
>> Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?
>>
>> This is not, apparently, documented in the java.sql package javadocs,
>> the Postgres JDBC docs or the Postgres 8.1.8 manual. Leastways, a fairly
>> careful search in the obvious parts of these documents didn't turn up
>> anything.
>>
>> --
>> martin@ | Martin Gregorie
>> gregorie. | Essex, UK
>> org |

> http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/databases/postgresql.html
>
> Concurs w/ Arne.
>

> HTH,
> Tarkin
> (ps apologies if this posts twice; my interface is hiccuping)

Thanks, guys.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK