Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > HEXUS.column - Jon Peddie June 2005: ATI drives CrossFire to

HEXUS.column - Jon Peddie June 2005: ATI drives CrossFire to

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

This month, respected analyst Jon Peddie has his say on CrossFire. As someone who started his career in computer graphics in 1962, he's a man worth listening to!
Quote:
While Nvidia has never denied that SLI’s speedup is application and usage dependent, we were impressed with ATI architects’ willingness to look for ways to make the 2nd GPU useful when applications, user demands, and/or host systems make it difficult for AFR or Scissor mode to produce a solid performance increase. As a result, CrossFire architects added support for two additional modes that SLI' have. (or at least not yet): Supertile and Super AA modes.
Link: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD0xMjY2

zachig zachig is offline
Senior Member

Altough ATI Crossfire technology seem promising, I think in the near future, the SLi technology will rule.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Well the cool this... if u have a SLi chipset u can easily have the best machine i am lucky to have a nForce 4 SLi

InspectorGadget InspectorGadget is offline
Junior Member

I cant wait till this stuff comes out ima be broke but it is gonna rock.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

lol, to bad they got me before you But i am a happy chappy!