Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > HEXUS.column - Jon Peddie June 2005: ATI drives CrossFire to

HEXUS.column - Jon Peddie June 2005: ATI drives CrossFire to

06-20-2005
This month, respected analyst Jon Peddie has his say on CrossFire. As someone who started his career in computer graphics in 1962, he's a man worth listening to!
Quote:
While Nvidia has never denied that SLI’s speedup is application and usage dependent, we were impressed with ATI architects’ willingness to look for ways to make the 2nd GPU useful when applications, user demands, and/or host systems make it difficult for AFR or Scissor mode to produce a solid performance increase. As a result, CrossFire architects added support for two additional modes that SLI' have. (or at least not yet): Supertile and Super AA modes.
Link: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD0xMjY2

06-26-2005
Altough ATI Crossfire technology seem promising, I think in the near future, the SLi technology will rule.

06-26-2005
Well the cool this... if u have a SLi chipset u can easily have the best machine i am lucky to have a nForce 4 SLi

06-26-2005
I cant wait till this stuff comes out ima be broke but it is gonna rock.

06-27-2005
lol, to bad they got me before you But i am a happy chappy!