Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Freaking l'users

Freaking l'users

fygar

I'll never understand how the Linux zealots think that we can roll out
Linux to our user base at large.

I just had to help a guy with an engineering degree change his
password over a 5 minute phone call because he can't grasp the idea of
a complex password.

....butch(sheesh)

Consultant

that is everywhere, non-os specific

"fygar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'll never understand how the Linux zealots think that we can roll out
> Linux to our user base at large.
>
> I just had to help a guy with an engineering degree change his
> password over a 5 minute phone call because he can't grasp the idea of
> a complex password.
>
> ...butch(sheesh)

fygar

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:37:24 -0700, "Consultant"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

I'm thinking about how rolling Linux out to these folks would cause a
meltdown in enterprises everywhere.

>that is everywhere, non-os specific
>
>"fygar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> I'll never understand how the Linux zealots think that we can roll out
>> Linux to our user base at large.
>>
>> I just had to help a guy with an engineering degree change his
>> password over a 5 minute phone call because he can't grasp the idea of
>> a complex password.
>>
>> ...butch(sheesh)

....butch()

Consultant

i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals

"fygar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:37:24 -0700, "Consultant"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I'm thinking about how rolling Linux out to these folks would cause a
> meltdown in enterprises everywhere.
>
> >that is everywhere, non-os specific
> >
> >"fygar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>
> >> I'll never understand how the Linux zealots think that we can roll out
> >> Linux to our user base at large.
> >>
> >> I just had to help a guy with an engineering degree change his
> >> password over a 5 minute phone call because he can't grasp the idea of
> >> a complex password.
> >>
> >> ...butch(sheesh)
> >>

> ...butch()

fygar

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:22:43 -0700, "Consultant"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals

Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
and be done with it.

....butch()

Doom

"fygar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:22:43 -0700, "Consultant"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals
> >

> Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
> and be done with it.
>

> ...butch()

That might work but they would still open virus infected emails. Lusers- you
can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

Neil

"Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> That might work but they would still open virus infected emails.
> Lusers- you can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

YOU _CAN'T_ KILL THEM?!?!

crap, I better bury these in a hurry...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Doom

news:Xns95259200CA4DFneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails.
> > Lusers- you can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

> YOU _CAN'T_ KILL THEM?!?!
>
> crap, I better bury these in a hurry...

GOOD LUCK IN PRISON

catwalker63

You can bruise them a little, though.

--
Kelley
aka catwalker
news:Xns95259200CA4DFneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails.
> > Lusers- you can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

> YOU _CAN'T_ KILL THEM?!?!
>
> crap, I better bury these in a hurry...
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30

molsonexpert

"Doom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "fygar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:22:43 -0700, "Consultant"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals
> > >

> > Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
> > and be done with it.
> >

> > ...butch()

> That might work but they would still open virus infected emails. Lusers-

you
> can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

I wouldn't want to kill them--they're keeping me employed. I'm sure the
majority of people here have at least once helped a desparate user who
couldn't log in because their caps lock was on. I can live with this sort of
minor irritation as long as I have a mortgage to pay.

Steve