Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > IE 6 - No horizontal scroll

IE 6 - No horizontal scroll

carolyn.reiderman@gmail.com

I have a set of select list boxes on a JSP. They can contain content
that is wider than the width of the list box but no horizontal bar
shows up. The vertical bar seems to work as expected.

I've done a lot of searching and read that this might be a bug in IE6.
Is this true?

Are there any know work arounds? I've tried using div tags and
javascript but it's still a little buggy (http://www.codeproject.com/
jscript/WithHorizontalScrollbar.asp#__comments)

Thanks, C

Andrew Thompson

>Are there any know work arounds?

How about writing HTML, rather than som tag soup that
masquerades as HTML?*

>..I've tried using div tags and
>javascript but it's still a little buggy (http://www.codeproject.com/
>jscript/WithHorizontalScrollbar.asp#__comments)

* Try fixing the 305 errors reported here, before wonderring
why any browser cannot understand how to render it.
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...p%23__comments

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/