Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Baisc One

Baisc One

rakeshsv@gmail.com

Please help

Guys - Why java is implemented in stack ?

Rakesh

Eric Sosman

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote On 04/24/07 17:10,:
> Please help
>
> Guys - Why java is implemented in stack ?

Why not?

P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
here doesn't come from "guys."

--
(E-Mail Removed)

David Segall

Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>here doesn't come from "guys."

Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
"y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

Lew

David Segall wrote:
> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>> here doesn't come from "guys."

> Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
> residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
> "y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

Not just northern U.S. I believe it's popular on the West Coast, too.

Regardless, the question makes no sense to me.

> Why java [sic] is implemented in stack ?

What do you mean, exactly? I do not understand the phrase "implemented in
stack" in this context.

Certainly, the Java language, like every computer language I've heard of, uses
stack structures to implement some of its activities. It also uses heap,
sticking with the memory world.

Are you asking why the Java Virtual Machine uses the stack for certain things?
For the same reason every other computer language does, it's convenient and
fast for certain things. (Which, in turn, is why computers have a stack in
the first place.)

--
Lew

David Segall

Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Segall wrote:
>> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>>> here doesn't come from "guys."

>> Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
>> residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
>> "y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

>Not just northern U.S. I believe it's popular on the West Coast, too.

Is there a term for "not Southern States"? I thought of using Yankees
but, even in its broader meaning, that does not seems to include
California.

Eric Sosman

David Segall wrote On 04/25/07 02:23,:
> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>>here doesn't come from "guys."

> Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
> residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
> "y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

Please explain the gender-neutrality of "Guys and Dolls."

("Luck, be a person tonight" -- pfui!)

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Patricia Shanahan

Lew wrote:
> David Segall wrote:
>> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>>> here doesn't come from "guys."

>> Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
>> residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
>> "y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

> Not just northern U.S. I believe it's popular on the West Coast, too.

Hi gals,

To me, the test of true gender neutrality is whether the singular form
would be used to refer to one person regardless of gender. Nobody has
ever called me a guy. Indeed, I've heard "It's a guy thing." applied to
stereotype men.

On the other hand, "you" is commonly used to address both men and women,
so its southern US plural, "y'all", is truly gender neutral.

Patricia

Patricia Shanahan

Lew wrote:
> David Segall wrote:
>> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>>> here doesn't come from "guys."

>> Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
>> residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
>> "y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

> Not just northern U.S. I believe it's popular on the West Coast, too.
>
> Regardless, the question makes no sense to me.
>
>> Why java [sic] is implemented in stack ?

> What do you mean, exactly? I do not understand the phrase "implemented
> in stack" in this context.
>
> Certainly, the Java language, like every computer language I've heard
> of, uses stack structures to implement some of its activities. It also
> uses heap, sticking with the memory world.
>
> Are you asking why the Java Virtual Machine uses the stack for certain
> things? For the same reason every other computer language does, it's
> convenient and fast for certain things. (Which, in turn, is why
> computers have a stack in the first place.)

However, bytecode goes further down that path than many instruction
sets, using stack accesses in place of registers.

One reason may be target machine neutrality. Register based instruction
sets are great if the compiler knows the number of registers in the
target machine. A Java to bytecode compiler does not have that sort of
information.

Patricia

David Segall

Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Segall wrote On 04/25/07 02:23,:
>> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> P.S.: Some of the best help you'll find around
>>>here doesn't come from "guys."

>> Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
>> residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
>> "y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

> Please explain the gender-neutrality of "Guys and Dolls."

I'll ignore the gross change of context and remind you that I did say
young ... Frank Loesser would be 97 and Damon Runyan 122

Eric Sosman

David Segall wrote On 04/26/07 10:48,:
> Eric Sosman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>David Segall wrote On 04/25/07 02:23,:

>>>Guys is a gender neutral term when used by young Australians or
>>>residents of the northern United States. It seems that Southerners use
>>>"y'all" instead. <http://research.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/guys.html>

>> Please explain the gender-neutrality of "Guys and Dolls."

> I'll ignore the gross change of context and remind you that I did say
> young ... Frank Loesser would be 97 and Damon Runyan 122

... and neither of them Australian. (Probably a good
thing, because if young Australians can't tell guys from
dolls the continent's population will dwindle away, and
then what will happen to the old-age pensions of the few,
doddering survivors?

--
(E-Mail Removed)

MPLS/Metro Ethernet baisc Guide/Tutorial ! wonder Cisco 2 03-27-2008 03:37 PM
How to create a baisc CMS in ASP.NET shaleen.chugh@gmail.com ASP .Net 4 05-22-2006 10:15 PM
Visual Baisc or C Chrismkr MCSD 5 01-15-2005 03:05 PM
ActiveX with Visual Baisc .NET 2003? Ken Williams HTML 3 03-06-2004 02:17 PM
Moving from Baisc Authentication to Forms Authentication raj mandadi ASP .Net 0 12-22-2003 12:16 AM

Advertisments